Author Topic: Quick question  (Read 3957 times) Share

Offline BackUp

• Private
    • View Profile
    • Team A.S.B.O
Quick question
« on: September 26, 2008, 09:33:57 am »
what is the bes way/s to increase accuracy?

at the moment i got a D-Boys SCAR (CA copy) and apart from the hopup working really well she seems to be spitting all over the place.

anyone know where I can get a 6.03 or 6.04 barrel from? I think its something like 287mm long, alto I don't mind it being a little longer because I got a 3" outer barrel extension for it :aeg:

Offline Swiper

• DV Member
    • View Profile
    • Student Airsoft
Re: Quick question
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 11:25:32 am »
You have three options:

1. A new tightbore (not sure if its 'spitting all over the place' that it'll really help - due to it being a relatively short barrel.
2. A new hop.

Then obviously you can do both - which is a third option.

Hop perform rather variably on chinese guns so it may well be worth sending it off/installing a higher brand unit, good rubbers, and a good nozzle...

Since I believe that D-Boys use tightbores (correct me if wrong gents.) Also you may have to clean your barrel.
Time Line Enforcement Chief:
Time Line Saved: Arnhem, Rorkes Drift, D-Day, Dunkirk
Airsoft Hiatus (Post PR4)
Current 'Guv' of 53rd Welsh LHG, www.53rdwelshdiv.com

Offline couger-w

• DV Marshal
  • I am the man with no name!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 11:16:24 pm »
the Dboys scar does have a 6.03 tight barrel

Offline Head Wreck

• Sergeant Major
  • WALT founder
    • View Profile
    • WALT home site - Welsh Airsoft Layabout Team
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 09:37:14 pm »
its one thing having a tightbore barrel and having a consistent tightbore barrel.

the madbull ones are the best made, and i'm very impressed with them. but they do add to the FPS quite a bit more than i expected due to barrel inconsistancies.  The Tanio Koba ones are also very consistantly bored, i also like these but they do drop the FPS a bit (the air circulating in the spirals reduces contact between the BB and barrel and reducing friction and turbulence due to the even bleed of pressure).  couple this with a H hop and you'll have something quite vicous if my AK is anything to go by.

when i initially prepped swipers now infamous AK it was firing as good as some of my bolt actions, if not a little better.

then i made the mistake of handing it back to swiper :P

Offline Lord_Daemon

• Corporal
  • Grenade Hoofer and general dogsbody
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 11:39:17 pm »
Though i'm not the man to ask about this (I like to get up close and personal whenever I can, so i don't give a fig about accuracy as long as its not shooting sideways or anything wierd like that!) I'm reliably informed by somebody who does this kind of thing day in day out, the best way to make it accurate is to spend money.
Madbull tightbore, H hop, polycarbonate piston (for some reason!) and the longest barrel you can get in the gun.

Making things go boom with an evil grin

Offline Head Wreck

• Sergeant Major
  • WALT founder
    • View Profile
    • WALT home site - Welsh Airsoft Layabout Team
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 06:42:44 pm »
the piston doesnt do squat for the accuracy, just the rliability and the std TM oned last quite well

another point you can do which i forgot to mention is space the outer and inner every so often, using PTFE winding or in the case of CYMA AK's, an O ring.

Offline Lord_Daemon

• Corporal
  • Grenade Hoofer and general dogsbody
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2008, 11:38:39 pm »
Chill Headwreck, I'm just passing what i've been told.

Making things go boom with an evil grin

Offline couger-w

• DV Marshal
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 07:44:44 pm »
why chill he was just passin on that the piston has squat to do with accuracy

when i down graded the thing i did notice that the barrel has a rather tight fit inside the outer so ptfe might b a bit hard to use its probably just a decent make of tight barrel and some decent hop rubber and bucking to get u there

Offline spotter

• Lance Corporal
  • Operation get behind the newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2008, 08:24:06 pm »
use heavy BB's u will lose range but gain in accuracy!

Offline lynchie

• DV Marshal
  • EIN VOLK EIN REICH EIN LYNCHIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2008, 08:35:38 pm »
dont forget if you use heavier b.b.s at dv your f.p.s will drop and when it gets chrono at d.v we use site mags with .20g so you r gun might be over 350 f.p.s and you aint gonna be allowed to use it .

what is f.p.s now
HIEL LYNCHIE

Offline couger-w

• DV Marshal
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2008, 10:40:15 pm »
if its the Dboyi scar i down graded its about 330fps

Offline BackUp

• Private
    • View Profile
    • Team A.S.B.O
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2008, 04:24:41 pm »
yea man, its the one, i chronographed it at about 310-318fps, i av given it a good clean and it has improved, tho i think it could still do with a hopup an barrel upgrade... will be one deadly mofo then... lol

Offline BackUp

• Private
    • View Profile
    • Team A.S.B.O
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2008, 05:19:53 pm »
an... oh... i didn realise it already had a 6.03 barrel.... i thought it was a 6.12 (user manual) so the accuracy may have needed cleaning as id imagine that crap in the barrel affects a tight bore more....

just done an acuracy test an it seems to be sweet, i think Betty (SCAR) fixed herself in anticipation of sunday.

she shooting 4" groupings on semi auto (10 rounds) at 10m and 3.1" on full auto (50 rounds) at 10m

hopefully it'll stay that way, lol

Offline couger-w

• DV Marshal
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2008, 10:14:22 pm »
yeah hte hop probably needs to bed in my VFC has only reay just settled down as it had somany problems it hardly got used but now its runnign sweet so it not got a problem and nice accuracy

Offline TALESTAR

• DV Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2008, 10:18:18 am »
i've just got a new gun (m4) and its shooting really well except that there are a high number of fliers. the g&p hop up that came with it was pretty bad so i put in a systema hop up but it hasn't seemed to have solved the problem. Anybody got an idea why? i've also installed a madbull tighbore it has increased accuracy but theres still some fliers