Author Topic: m4  (Read 1939 times) Share

Offline welshwarrior

• Corporal
    • View Profile
m4
« on: January 13, 2009, 10:52:13 pm »
hey, ive been going now to airsoft for a while now and im proply hooked, at the moment i have a cheap l96 which has done well for a cheapsoft. but i feel its time to get a new toy, im stuck between a m4 cqb src or the g&p m4 cqb. Just wondering what you lot think would be better :P
cheers
Snipers Get More Head!!!

Offline Mrphil

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
Re: m4
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 08:26:09 am »
they're both the same gun  :P

but if its a case of you want that gun but stuck between which manufacturer to get it from just weigh up the pros and cons of each

namely:

Cost
reliability
whether you can buy it in this country or will it be imported
metal Vs. Plastic

take a look at peoples reveiws online, just type the gun into google with review and there should be loads, probably even some video reviews on Youtube, i can generally say what people write in those reviews tends to be spot on

but after all thats been taken into consideration you need to decide which one you'd prefer, maybe one has some better accessories or has a paint job

hope this has been some help
I'm Bleeding! Making me the Victor!

Offline Owz182

• Private
  • Fire the tits!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 09:07:53 am »
I've had an M4 for a while now, and although it's not as long as an M16, it's a bit hairy trying to get it through doorways etc quickly in an CQB situation. So if you find a stubby version, it suit your needs better than the regular sized M4. Have a think about what you'll be doing mostly, outside or indoors combat. DV has a nice mix of both so it's worth having a think about your play-style.

Offline Pritch

• Corporal
  • Stand By, Stand By
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009, 03:29:48 pm »
How can you have trouble getting an M4 through a door, I manage to do cqb with an M14

Offline Swiper

• DV Member
    • View Profile
    • Student Airsoft
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 10:19:52 pm »
G+P M4CQBR anytime.

Its EXCELLENT build quality, stonking rate of fire, and great out of the box power and astonding accuracy...

It aint cheap but sure as hell one of the best M4s on the market. I traded mine...

And am going to replace it with a shiny new one when finances allow.
Time Line Enforcement Chief:
Time Line Saved: Arnhem, Rorkes Drift, D-Day, Dunkirk
Airsoft Hiatus (Post PR4)
Current 'Guv' of 53rd Welsh LHG, www.53rdwelshdiv.com

Offline stewpidbear

• DV Member
  • Steel Wolves........a bear in wolf's clothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 10:31:17 am »
Only thing with G&P's, you do sometimes get a dodgy hop rubber, but easy to change, and costs only about a fiver to do. Apart from that an excellent bit of kit. Also check out ICS as they have a very useful quick change facility for the piston and spring.
Remember we have the right to arm bears!

Offline starscream

• DV Member
  • Out- Star Wars me.... I dare ya!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009, 04:18:44 pm »
I'm saving up for either the Top Tech M4 Commando, or a VFC SCAR....

Though given the choice between G&P and or SRC, I'd go for the G&P one as it's got a metal body.
the french have suggested that they arm the Libyan rebels
I can see it now....
Libyan Rebel: "how does it work?"
French soldier: "hey nonny nonnied, firmly if I know, we just drop it and run away"