Author Topic: Membership cards  (Read 2614 times) Share

Offline rockinrobin

• DV Member
    • View Profile
    • Robins - Driving lessons in south west Pembrokeshire from an ex-Royal Military Police Driver Training instructor
Membership cards
« on: April 05, 2009, 09:54:01 pm »
Following the advice given to me by one of my neighbours, who is an armed response cop, I've let the local nick know I've got RIFs in the house. He suggested this so my details can be logged on their computer, reducing the chance of an ARV visit if I'm seen in the garden, or loading the car, and letting them know if there's a burglary here that RIFs may be passing hands among the local scrotes.

No problems, except they want me to drop my membership card in to them so they can have a quick check of it. The problem is that I haven't played since joining and probably won't be down until May.

Is it possible for it to be posted to me, instead of me collecting it next time I play?

Thanks

Robin
JLS FN2000
MP001
SigArms Sig 229
ACM M500
JG M4 S-System

Offline Firkit

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dragonvalley.co.uk
Re: Membership cards
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 01:39:05 pm »
Yes, I can post it out. I'll do that tonight.

Offline rockinrobin

• DV Member
    • View Profile
    • Robins - Driving lessons in south west Pembrokeshire from an ex-Royal Military Police Driver Training instructor
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 01:55:17 pm »
Thanks very much mate.

And, having spoken at length to them, can I recommend this course of action to everyone here?
JLS FN2000
MP001
SigArms Sig 229
ACM M500
JG M4 S-System

Offline Firkit

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dragonvalley.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 01:59:35 pm »
Yes, but with a note to beware of different forces and even different stations/officers being likely to have different responses.

Offline Swiper

• DV Member
    • View Profile
    • Student Airsoft
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 02:05:39 pm »
Also remember it can - conversely give you unwanted attention.
Time Line Enforcement Chief:
Time Line Saved: Arnhem, Rorkes Drift, D-Day, Dunkirk
Airsoft Hiatus (Post PR4)
Current 'Guv' of 53rd Welsh LHG, www.53rdwelshdiv.com

Offline evilmike

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • dirka dirka
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2009, 02:17:31 pm »
i couldnt think of anything worse...  :o

they'll be after you dna watch out :giggedy: did you see on the news this week of the guy who found a lost mobile phone, he was arrested and put in the cells... he was nicked whilst physically being in the station handing it in at the desk! this wasnt some pikey goin oh yeah i found it, i was on my way to the police station honest guv! he was there doing the right thing and they turned round and nicked him as the phone was reported stolen/lost. now his dna is on record blah blah blah... (dna isnt the issue here another topic for another time)

Whos going to be the first to get locked up, raided and put in uncomfortable postions for telling the local bobby by the way ive got an airsoft m16 and ak at home under me bed...

What happens if you dont have a membership card, its not the legal requirement to own aegs

What happens if they go right tough we're banning all airsoft guns etc, they'll be round your house on there way for morning doughnuts, probably without knocking first either  :P
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 02:25:12 pm by evilmike »
STAND DOWN SIR!!

Offline rockinrobin

• DV Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2009, 06:18:35 pm »
Each to his/her own.

I know of too many people who've already been raided to take the chance.
JLS FN2000
MP001
SigArms Sig 229
ACM M500
JG M4 S-System

Offline Swiper

• DV Member
    • View Profile
    • Student Airsoft
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2009, 07:49:38 pm »
I find talking to neighbours easy... like: "Hey I play airsoft... and test my guns in the garden thats cool yeah?"

Polite and good.

Hell one set are tax exiles, we could mutually blackmail each other anyway  :o

Offline evilmike

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • dirka dirka
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2009, 01:19:31 pm »
your only going to be reported and raided if you act irresponsibly or an idiot, if you know lots of people raided something is wrong somewhere
STAND DOWN SIR!!

Offline Swiper

• DV Member
    • View Profile
    • Student Airsoft
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2009, 01:23:30 pm »
Classic.

Offline Burtonshaw

• DV Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2009, 06:49:44 pm »
In order not to attract unwanted attention, i keep all my weapons in a wooden case which i can carry to the car, except my M14 which stays in a bag.  There is no need to be showing off your weapons when loading the car.

Anyways, you should have seen the look on the coppers face when i told him one of my guns had been stolen when i got robbed......i had to explain what airsoft was.

Offline Vielwerth

• DV Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2009, 10:24:54 pm »
Anyways, you should have seen the look on the coppers face when i told him one of my guns had been stolen when i got robbed......i had to explain what airsoft was.

He didn't get it first time, did he? God... explaining airsoft to people who don't play it is really hard. Can someone write a guide?

Offline rockinrobin

• DV Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2009, 11:56:16 pm »
your only going to be reported and raided if you act irresponsibly or an idiot, if you know lots of people raided something is wrong somewhere

I was told that the police here in sleepy Pembrokeshire get at least 1 call out per week on airsoft guns.

1 guy I know had the police raid him because his girlfriends ex reported that he had guns in the house. Another was raided after the postie dropped a parcel and a gun barrel (not a whole RIF, just a replacement barrel) was visible.

I don't care if by reporting what I've got in the house puts me on the police's radar, I've got nothing to hide. I'm far more worried about the visitor to a neighbour who sees something. Not to mention the vindictive b***h who lives behind us who hates dogs and has phoned the council and police about every dog owner in the neighbourhood, reporting their dogs, their driving, their kids and any other excuse she can think of. Imagine what she could make of a guy with a beard, a Mediterranean wife and a load of guns! Yes, she'll end up in court soon with an ASBO, but I don't want a 2am battering ram wake up call in the meanwhile.
JLS FN2000
MP001
SigArms Sig 229
ACM M500
JG M4 S-System