Author Topic: Modern Warfare 2 General Discussion  (Read 31381 times) Share

Offline C-X

• DV Marshal
  • What awesome looks like!
    • View Profile
    • Rantings of a Casual Gamer
Modern Warfare 2 General Discussion
« on: February 11, 2010, 10:41:00 am »
I thought rather than dredge the original "MW2 is coming!" thread out of the murky depths, I'd start a new one for those who are still playing MW2 so the XBL thread doesn't get any more clogged.

So who's still playing?  I'm usually on for about an hour a day on 360 or PS3, depending on which controller is nearest.  I'm level 57 on 360 and 22 on PS3.  When I get to level 70 there's absolutely no way on earth that I'm going to be going through the Prestige system.  I don't get why anyone would voluntarily set themselves back to level 1 and undo all the attachment unlocks that they've worked for just for a different icon next to their name.  It's not as if high level Prestige players get any extra kudos, since a lot of them have simply boosted their way up.  There's nothing funnier than finishing a round on PS3 with my level 22 player getting a higher score than 7th or 8th Prestige players.  It took me ages trying to get kills with the Intervention using the ACOG scope attached just to unlock the thermal sight.  I'm not doing that again, especially on two separate consoles.

Offline Darkel

• DV Member
    • View Profile
Re: Modern Warfare 2 General Discussion
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 10:43:16 am »
I feel the same, got my level 70, all the guns etc and im not gonna erase all my hard work for the sake of a symbol

Offline stan

• DV Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 11:03:11 am »
you do get an extra class unlock when you do it and then a load of prestige challenges.

I think it's worth doing at least once purely for this as well as getting the extra symbols unlocks etc

usually put in an hour or so a day (depends if Evilmike is on!) and am currently at level 36 on prestige 3

That care package glitch is getting on my tits and I refuse to play before 7 or 8 purely cos of all the kids who have glitched their way to higher levels.
Stand Down Sir!

Offline C-X

• DV Marshal
  • What awesome looks like!
    • View Profile
    • Rantings of a Casual Gamer
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 01:52:32 pm »
I thought about that one, but I figured I've already got all the classes I'll ever use already set up.
By the way, which gametype yields the most XP per game?  I seem to get more from Free for All than anything else.

Offline stan

• DV Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 02:06:48 pm »
most xp comes from demolition i think but I mainly play domination (for the XP) and headquarters (for the kills).

From my experience, all good players are on demolition, I just seem to get repeatedly shot on it and not getting many kills but a good bonus if you win.
Stand Down Sir!

Offline starscream

• DV Member
  • Out- Star Wars me.... I dare ya!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2010, 07:55:44 pm »
I'm still playing, and I plan on going all the way to 10th prestige.

All the lag switches, and aimbots are getting on my bits though. Nothing worse than cheats....
the french have suggested that they arm the Libyan rebels
I can see it now....
Libyan Rebel: "how does it work?"
French soldier: "hey nonny nonnied, firmly if I know, we just drop it and run away"

Offline Joshie_128

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2010, 09:01:13 pm »
What are your kd's?

Offline awesofter101

• Banned from Sales
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2010, 09:42:44 pm »
1.16 ithink, not so good atm.

Offline Baby Buster

• DV Marshal
  • DV's Resident suicide missionary
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2010, 10:58:38 pm »
KD = 1.17, not too shabby. 3rd prestige level 64. you find that you also prestige quicker on the 1st and 2nd prestige levels.

its not a bad game, but its just getting old very quickly. especially with all the new games coming out. TAR-21 + trigger tapping is great. you dont even need stopping power.
Contact Airsoft UK - Admin

Into video game reviews? Watch this space!

Offline awesofter101

• Banned from Sales
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2010, 11:07:33 pm »
i also use the tar 21, silencer, iron sights........ mmmm

Offline Baby Buster

• DV Marshal
  • DV's Resident suicide missionary
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2010, 11:17:29 pm »
Recently, i have been using the FAL + holo sights. thats pretty good. especially when people say that you have been using a turbo pad when you havent
Contact Airsoft UK - Admin

Into video game reviews? Watch this space!

Offline GeoShock

• DV Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2010, 08:33:48 am »
Used to love the game but its issues are getting to me.

The FAL is wicked Headshots galore.

Roll on March the 5th for Battlefield Badcompany 2 ... um woot!

When theres no more room in hell, The Zombie Warriors will rule the earth!

Offline stan

• DV Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2010, 10:01:46 am »
But are you PC players though?

I read that there is no PB support or dedicated servers so that must mean it;s more wide open to hackers and cheats than the consoles?

I do love the ignorance of some people though, last night me, Evilmike and Matt were playing domination on Afghan and between all 3 of us, we smashed through the team and all got up to 7 kill streak plus very quickly and did it a few times through the round.

Queue the end of the round when you're on the score screen and we were all getting called glitchers due to the fact that we all had 30 kills plus to our names. The response of "no, you're just shit" silenced them pretty much!

I can imagine that it would've pissed them off, Mike had a pretty decent emergency airdrop, then ac130 and I had a harrier and predator and this continued for most of the map.

I fact, the next round on Favela, we almost did the same again and most of the opposite team just rage quit  :tu:
Stand Down Sir!

Offline Kilocomet

• Colour Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2010, 01:30:35 pm »
I've decreased my play time lately due to coursework etc, and i'm torn whether to prestige just once for the new symbols. don't want to lose all my pretty guns though =[
Kd is 1.4 :)
One of out every twelve people has a gun, the question is... How do we arm the other eleven?

Offline hunter101

• 2nd Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2010, 02:43:06 pm »
I can confirm that the pc platform is full of hackers and glitchers. Hence why many of my clan mates have moved onto BF BC2. Well the beta at least.