Author Topic: ICS Colt M4  (Read 2813 times) Share

FantaPants

ICS Colt M4
« on: February 28, 2010, 12:46:46 am »
I'm relatively new to the airsoft scene. So far I have got a cyma ak47 and a WE MEU GBB Pistol. The AK is pretty nice but the range isn't that great on it. I've been looking on action hobbies and Im stuck between the M14 and the M4. Can anybody give me any pros and cons from experience between the two guns?

Cheers

Offline hunter101

• 2nd Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: ICS Colt M4
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 02:25:16 am »
I assume your looking at the ICS m4 by the thread title. ICS M4's are very good. However they are on the noisey side and don't support many upgrades. Which M14 are you looking at. If it's AGM i seriosly wouldn't bother unless you want a wallhanger. The CYMA variant is also hit and miss. But alot better than the AGM. TM M14 or G&G Soc 16 are good ones to look out for. Both have excellent range and accuracy. Personaly, i'd get an M4. Just not ICS. I'd rather opt for the SRC gen 3 and then spend the money saved on extras

FantaPants

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 03:58:24 am »
I was looking at the cyma m14, but thanks for the feedback I will investigate now!! thanks again

Offline shiftycapone

• DV Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 11:06:19 am »
"ICS M4's are very good. However they are on the noisey side and don't support many upgrades."
"I'd rather opt for the SRC gen 3 and then spend the money saved on extras"

As above ICS M4s are a real pain to get cheap compatible parts for, but if you want "out of the box" looks then that isn't a problem. I like ICSs split gearbox though and this can certainly be an advantage if you end up playing at other sites...

I'm yet to read a bad review of SRCs new line. If I was buying new I'd probably go with them over other manufactures, a good balence of price and performance.

(oh a plus with the m4, is that if you buy extra parts you can get an M16 upper assembly to give you that longer barrel you might be after)