Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIII Discussion  (Read 1730 times) Share

Offline C-X

• DV Marshal
  • What awesome looks like!
    • View Profile
    • Rantings of a Casual Gamer
Final Fantasy XIII Discussion
« on: March 14, 2010, 12:37:55 am »
I was in Gamestation earlier in the week.  Was either going to get this or Battlefield.  Ended up going for FF13 as I felt I needed a break from firstperson shooters.  I'm finding FF a bit dull though.  The graphics are incredible and I'm sure the storyline is amazing as it usually is but christ it's taking a long time to get going.  I know Gamestation have a 10 day exchange policy so I might swap it for BFBC2 during the week.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 02:10:50 am by C-X »

Offline Dom-Estos

• DV Marshal
  • Per Ardua
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 01:22:42 am »
Im finding the same thing on FF13, its nice to look at but its taking its time.
"The legacy of heroes is the memory of a great name and the inheritance of a great example" RIP Kinikki Griffiths, True friend to the end.

Celertiter Defendere - 51 Sqn RAF REGT

Offline C-X

• DV Marshal
  • What awesome looks like!
    • View Profile
    • Rantings of a Casual Gamer
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 01:53:28 am »
Glad it's not just me that thinks so.

Also, is it me or are the battle sequences on FF13 extremely tedious?  Auto battle x 5, potion, rinse repeat.  I think the best combat interface / level system was the Materia system from FF7.  Since then every FF game has tried to revamp the system but it's gotten progressively worse.

Split into own thread for the sake of hijacking the Battlefield thread.

Offline Darkel

• DV Member
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy XIII Discussion
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 01:40:23 pm »
Im looking to get FF this weekend, but Im not really looking foward to the battle system,  but I dont think they have all been worse since 7, i think 8 and 10 were pretty good, but then they were my favourates so Im a bit Biased, this system looks the same as 12 which I never thought was any good.

Offline Dom-Estos

• DV Marshal
  • Per Ardua
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy XIII Discussion
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 04:38:16 pm »
Really not a fan now. Been playing the game for endless hours, hasn't opened up at all, so far it's just been about 20 hours of cut scenes narrow linear paths and tedious fights, none of which are very challenging, and consist mostly of pressing X to auto attack with the odd paradigm shift and potion or two. I did wonder why when you start the game up it tells you to "press any button" seems like it's testing you can indeed needlesly press a button effectively.

Doesn't help that almost bond of the characters are likeable
"The legacy of heroes is the memory of a great name and the inheritance of a great example" RIP Kinikki Griffiths, True friend to the end.

Celertiter Defendere - 51 Sqn RAF REGT