Author Topic: Moving to Cardiff soon, looking to play some games  (Read 8290 times) Share

Offline Kalon

• Elitist Fat Tosser
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dragonvalley.co.uk
Re: Moving to Cardiff soon, looking to play some games
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2006, 12:36:51 pm »
cardiff city council ftw
Because we are swat, and our limits differ to what is actually legal.......

Offline leetabix

• DV Marshal
  • Spin ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2006, 04:38:01 pm »
Mike and me are both scummy students, we're all concentrated in that area ;).

Offline evilmike

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • dirka dirka
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2006, 08:51:52 pm »
scummy students  :o ..fruity bun-loaf off you student dosser hippie :P :D
i say jim lad me a student..... i havent had a nus card since 2004 boooooooo!!  :(

bloody students  :o keep up todate jim

hehe
STAND DOWN SIR!!

Offline leetabix

• DV Marshal
  • Spin ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2006, 12:09:43 am »
Well, you might not have a NUS card anymore, but you're still a student in sprit as it seems that a shave is something else you haven't had since 2004!

Please dont kill me *hides.*

Offline evilmike

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • dirka dirka
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2006, 11:52:22 am »
dude you know iam tryin to save up for my first shave now youve made it public :(

STAND DOWN SIR!!

Offline Rawz

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2006, 07:09:43 pm »
I'm also moving into Cardiff end of september, after finding Dragon Valley i'm certainly taking my airsoft gear along with me. Gonna be staying in the University Halls accomodation, good to see theres gonna be other people around that are airsofters! Although i wont be able to drive at uni, me and my mate whos staying in the same place will have to find some way of getting there also

Offline Firkit

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2006, 07:14:00 pm »
Hiya Rawz. Looks like there's quite a few airsofting students choosing Cardiff and Swansea to study this year :) With a bit of luck it shouldn't be too hard to sort out lifts and car pooling. This forum is probably as good a place as any other to sort that stuff out.

Hope to see you at DV in October.

Offline FuzzY

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2006, 07:25:49 pm »
Can any current Cardiff students confirm if there is a cardiff uni airsoft society. I think I remember once that the uni wouldn't allow it, and then I heared from somebody else that there was one. Be nice if there was one.
Co-Host of Fuzzy-Krell FM channel 4/05 broadcasting every other sunday

Offline evilmike

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • dirka dirka
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2006, 11:14:21 pm »
wasnt when i was in cardiff fuzz!
STAND DOWN SIR!!

Offline Rawz

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2006, 02:22:16 am »
I cant see anything Airsoft related on the societies list on the Student Union website....

I'm not gonna like being a student - i'm currently wanting to invest in a large amount of clothing and expensive goggles for airsofting, but im not allowing myself because of uni, bah

Offline stan

• DV Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2006, 03:14:27 pm »
Have fun with the hike from University Hall into the union - certainly will be fitter walking in every day! There's nothing quite like walking to your destination when it is visibile all the way home (it's on the top of a big bastard hill!)

There wasn't an airsoft soc when i was at Cardiff Uni, doubt there will be one now. I think they are a bit too equal opportunities tho' as they wouldn't let any of the Officer cadets (Army, Navy, RAF) inside the union as they didn't 'recognise' gay members. They were left to advertising and recruiting outside on the pavement come societies day. Hippies.
Stand Down Sir!

Offline leetabix

• DV Marshal
  • Spin ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2006, 05:47:46 pm »
Have fun with the hike from University Hall into the union - certainly will be fitter walking in every day! There's nothing quite like walking to your destination when it is visibile all the way home (it's on the top of a big bastard hill!)

There wasn't an airsoft soc when i was at Cardiff Uni, doubt there will be one now. I think they are a bit too equal opportunities tho' as they wouldn't let any of the Officer cadets (Army, Navy, RAF) inside the union as they didn't 'recognise' gay members. They were left to advertising and recruiting outside on the pavement come societies day. Hippies.

Am still a student at Cardiff-there still isn't an airsofting society unfortunately.  The O.T.C, U.A.S et all shouldn't be biased against gay members-in the equal opportunities booklet provided by the armed forces upon enlistment it reliterates this.  If anyone has experienced anti-gay/lesbian attitudes by the armed forces they should've lodged a complaint with them.

Offline Firkit

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2006, 07:44:56 pm »
...they didn't 'recognise' gay members.

Surely if you are close enough to a gay member to recognise it that is a lifestyle choice in itself?...

:D

Offline stan

• DV Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2006, 09:05:57 pm »
Well this is going back about 8 years when I was at Cardiff Uni. I seem to remember they had a particularly militant president back then, a black, one legged, blind lesbian if I recall ;)

They tarred the whole army as anti gay/anti equal opportunities so couldn't use the union at all!
Stand Down Sir!

Offline centipeed

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2006, 02:27:32 pm »
I was reading about booking information on the site, for the upcoming event:

Do I have to book if I want to show up and play? Also, it says you can book rental AEGs, but you need to send a cheque to do so?

Can I not pay on the day, when I arrive? I'd want to book an AEG, but I don't own a chequebook.