Author Topic: Politics  (Read 39492 times) Share

Offline Vielwerth

• DV Member
    • View Profile
Politics
« on: April 09, 2010, 01:02:47 pm »
Seeing as the election is almost upon us, I'd thought I'd do the worse thing imaginable and start a topic about the whole thing.

I'll probably be voting Tory. Even though that will change nothing.

Offline Firkit

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dragonvalley.co.uk
Re: Politics
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 01:06:22 pm »
Hmm, you sure about that? Just because what we've got's shite doesn't mean what we used to have is better. It took Labour their first term to try and repair the last period of Tory government, if it weren't for them having been tripped by the global financial meltdown I reckon they'd still be looking pretty damn rosy about now. Better the devil you know than the devil you've had just about long enough to forget about.

Offline lucas lee

• DV Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 01:14:47 pm »
politics is annoying they damn parties  always taking up TV times :p i would say tory  as i blame tony blair of the start of the recession and gordon brown is cleaning up the mess he left, as well i blame banks
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 01:16:59 pm by lucas lee »

Offline Kilocomet

• Colour Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 01:16:24 pm »
A lot of people i've spoken to just simply aren't voting Labour, as if voting for a lesser evil, which is how Nazism came to power. Eeeek.
One of out every twelve people has a gun, the question is... How do we arm the other eleven?

Offline Firkit

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 01:28:15 pm »
politics is annoying they damn parties  always taking up TV times :p i would say tory  as i blame tony blair of the start of the recession and gordon brown is cleaning up the mess he left, as well i blame banks

You blame Tony Blair for the irresponsible lending policies of the big US banks? I'm rather glad you can't vote  :lol (by which I mean that nothing is funny, and I tried to beat the swear filter and failed!):

Offline Darkel

• DV Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 01:31:32 pm »
I blame Lloyds TSB for allowing me a credit card! Now thats irresponsible  : :giggedy:

Offline Tootall

• DV Member
  • Per Ardua
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 01:34:35 pm »
I say lets go back to the caveman system, natural order and survival of the fittest. Those that can fight their way to the top can run what they like!!!
Everyone else can live in fear - oh wait, isnt that the corrupt system we have in place now?

let the bears rule the country!!
We're oscar mike

Offline lucas lee

• DV Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2010, 01:36:50 pm »

You blame Tony Blair for the irresponsible lending policies of the big US banks? I'm rather glad you can't vote  :lol (by which I mean that nothing is funny, and I tried to beat the swear filter and failed!):

na only for UK  things :p

Offline druid799

• DV Member
  • steel wolves . Sarcasm ? - I'm here to help !
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2010, 01:39:45 pm »
not voting labour , waaay too much blood on there hands . now comes the hard part , trying to desided wich of the other corrupt self serving partys to vote for ? as theres no way i"m not voting as that would serve them even more .
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 01:44:35 pm by druid799 »

Offline HerrCommissar

• DV Member
  • GET IN THE BACK OF THE VAN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2010, 01:42:45 pm »
Labservocrats

Offline Vielwerth

• DV Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2010, 03:45:32 pm »
Hmm, you sure about that? Just because what we've got's shite doesn't mean what we used to have is better. It took Labour their first term to try and repair the last period of Tory government, if it weren't for them having been tripped by the global financial meltdown I reckon they'd still be looking pretty damn rosy about now. Better the devil you know than the devil you've had just about long enough to forget about.

I'd agree, but I've evolved into such a cyncial being about the whole affair I might as well just spoil my ballot.
I say Tory because we've had 13 years of Labour and ANY change would be good. Even if it's just a literal change of colour on everything. (red to blue etc)

Offline Kalon

• Elitist Fat Tosser
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2010, 04:06:27 pm »
TB did take us into a war on a lie.... :facepalm:
Because we are swat, and our limits differ to what is actually legal.......

Offline Titan

• DV Marshal
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2010, 05:17:32 pm »
while labour may have better policies, gordon brown is a shocking PM and that no-one surely can deny.

And while labour maybe happy for him to represent him i feel shame when he is put on the world stage as a representative of the UK.

Quote from: geoshock
The tories are homophobic, racist upperclass scum

That is easily a slur against a lot of people including dv regs. I would hope that you will refrain from using insults to back your opinions. I would have no problem on banning the whole subject of polictics from this forum as it is to easily to get peoples backs up. Lets all be adults and intelligent about this discussion.

As far as the recession goes.... the current problem was started by over spending by businesses namely morgage lenders in the US which had a knock-on effect in europe as a whole due to the close nature of the markets.

Also Gordon brown is really cleaning up his own mess as he was chancellor before become prime minister. However the government has spent a lot of money cleaning up commercial enterprises of their mistakes.
Zombie Master.

Offline Vielwerth

• DV Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2010, 05:30:41 pm »
The tories are homophobic, racist upperclass scum.

So are Labour.

david cameron and his right wing party have no policys of their own

Neither do Labour. They're called "Thatcher's successors" for a reason.

All seem to do is slag off labours policys and not come up with a better solution.

Whereas Labour, who are actually in power and thus have had ample opportunity to solve stuff.... Well, let's just say they haven't done as well as they'd like us to believe.

vote labour!

OK then.

Offline Greg

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Wait, what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2010, 05:32:34 pm »
Well, If anything i think Tony Blair should be brought back to power. The only realy bad thing i think he has done is following america and sending our troops into Iraq over the apparent (WMD'S). Although the terrorisim over there was getting really really bad and we did have to step in to prevent a complete uprising.

So in the even of politics. IF i could vote id be going with Labor. Aslong as Gordon dosent make a complete arse of it this time round.
The idiot who got stuck in a thorn bush
C04