Author Topic: M14 EBR Mag Release etc  (Read 2538 times) Share

Offline Vielwerth

• DV Member
    • View Profile
M14 EBR Mag Release etc
« on: April 10, 2010, 01:07:31 am »
My EBR just won't keep it's mag in for some reason.
For example, it'll click in, and just as easily click back out. Any minor bump will result in the mag falling out.

I was told, (a while ago) that it was an easy fix. Anybody with an M14 who might have solved a similar problem?

Offline Kalon

• Elitist Fat Tosser
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dragonvalley.co.uk
Because we are swat, and our limits differ to what is actually legal.......

Offline druid799

• DV Member
  • steel wolves . Sarcasm ? - I'm here to help !
    • View Profile
Re: M14 EBR Mag Release etc
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 09:46:49 am »
For example, it'll click in, and just as easily click back out. Any minor bump will result in the mag falling out.

I was told, (a while ago) that it was an easy fix. Anybody with an M14 who might have solved a similar problem?
if its the kart model , then i"m afraid your not on your own , happened to mine , tryed looking for a fix on the net , but not much out there . But then sort off resolved its self after a while ! very strange .

Offline Vielwerth

• DV Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 10:36:39 am »

if its the kart model , then i"m afraid your not on your own , happened to mine , tryed looking for a fix on the net , but not much out there . But then sort off resolved its self after a while ! very strange .

It is the Kart model.
Well, I'll just keep on fiddling with it and hopefully it'll get the same result, or I'll put some gaffa tape around the top of the mag, see if that helps.

Offline iGeza

• DV Member
  • "Futete, sum draconem"
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Airsoft Gun Reviews
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 11:10:10 am »
Yeah mine's pretty loose but it's never fallen out, I suppose some tactfully applied insulation tape would make it fit a bit more snugly?

Check out all my delicious airsoft gun reviews here:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbt6_DwFUe8LJcF237qpX-e9

Offline Stodgey

• DV Member
  • Steel Wolves
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2010, 05:06:15 pm »
try dissassembling and reassembling the area, that seems to work by all account .. i.e. make sure everything is nice and tight and where it should be.
It's funny because it's true + The truth hurts = It's funny because it hurts!

Offline Dibs

• DV Marshal
  • Potato Salad
    • View Profile
    • FaceBook
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 11:43:57 am »
if its what i think its the same happens to the TM, in the trigger assembly there is a little pin keeping the mag catch in, its probably wiggled out a little and is on a slant, so hold the mag catch straight and push the pin back in and secure it with tape or some loctite or similar.
World Of Tanks - Fellowz
Steam ID - Fellowz
Origin ID - mando-fett
War Thunder - Torque_Thunder