Author Topic: Battery Help?  (Read 2796 times) Share

Offline Cannon Fodder

• DV Member
    • View Profile
Battery Help?
« on: April 12, 2010, 11:26:55 am »
Hi

In the last game i took out 2 batteries, the 1 went completely flat so i know the charge time for that. The second 1 i only used for the last game and pistol game, how do i work out how long to charge the battery for to fully charge it as i dont want to over charge?

Offline benjih03

• 2nd Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Battery Help?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 12:05:14 pm »
Taken from Airsoft World's site:
Battery Charging Formula:
Capacity of the battery x 1.4 / 150 (mA output of your charger) = charge time of the battery Example, your battery capacity is 1500mAh. 1500 x 1.4 / 150 = 14 hours

Offline Cannon Fodder

• DV Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 12:19:18 pm »
Thanks for the response. I know the charge times when they are flat but how long should i charge a 1100mah battery for if i only used it for 1 hour?

Offline benjih03

• 2nd Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 12:41:48 pm »
Well, I have a charger with an LED so I know when my battery is charged. Either get a charger like that or you the batt till it is flat. Thats what i'd do. And so the waiting before someone tells i'm wrong begins :x

Offline Kalon

• Elitist Fat Tosser
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dragonvalley.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 12:41:48 pm »
first off

Did your batterys come from with the gun and is it chinasoft if so www.strikealite.co.uk and buy good ones.

:P
Because we are swat, and our limits differ to what is actually legal.......

Offline Cannon Fodder

• DV Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2010, 12:51:31 pm »
Well, I have a charger with an LED so I know when my battery is charged. Either get a charger like that or you the batt till it is flat. Thats what i'd do. And so the waiting before someone tells i'm wrong begins :x

Did your charger come with your gun or did you buy it? if so were from?

first off

Did your batterys come from with the gun and is it chinasoft if so www.strikealite.co.uk and buy good ones.

My one battery came with the gun the other i bought myself. The one that came with it i just use as a back up.

Offline Firkit

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2010, 01:42:24 pm »
If it's a NiCD you'll want to discharge it first otherwise you'll be encouraging memory effect.

Offline Cannon Fodder

• DV Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2010, 01:43:59 pm »
memory effect.

never heard of that?

Offline Darkel

• DV Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2010, 01:51:50 pm »
It means if you leave it with some charge in for a prolonged period it can damage/decrease life expectancy. Your best bet is to get a charger with a Discharge function,  Like the ones DV have.

Offline Firkit

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2010, 01:52:55 pm »
Not a problem with NiMH or Lithium batts but with the NiCDs that most of us use if they aren't discharged between each charge cycle they build up a 'memory' which reduces their charge capacity.

A TM discharger will set you back <£10 and will discharge your batt while you drive home, that what I always do.

Offline Cannon Fodder

• DV Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2010, 01:59:19 pm »
Thanks for that, ill have a look on the net now and order one.

Offline benjih03

• 2nd Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2010, 06:07:44 pm »

Did your charger come with your gun or did you buy it? if so were from?

first off

My one battery came with the gun the other i bought myself. The one that came with it i just use as a back up.

Charger was from airsoft world as part of a package of charger and batt. £25 for package