Author Topic: Hey, *Newbie*  (Read 8129 times) Share

Offline Ryan

• Lance Corporal
    • View Profile
Hey, *Newbie*
« on: September 19, 2006, 06:01:35 pm »
Heya people, im thinking of coming for ages, then i just noticed the fact it says you have to be "14" with an adult and im only 12, nearly thirteen, i suppose when i actually do come with my weapons will be when im thirteen because christmas is just a month before my birthday, i have an older brother who can come with me and he lives in caerwent. So Anyways, what im thinking of getting is

CA 36C. ?219.99

Gear Box - Version 3
Motor - Classic Army High Torque Motor
Magazine - 470 rounds (with AEG) / 50 rounds (optional purchase)
Length - 720mm
Weight - 2744g
Barrel Length - 247mm
Muzzle Velocity - 290-310fps
Battery - Mini Type (Not Included)
Package includes (AEG, Manual, Magazine)

Glass Fibre Body
Folding Stock
Metal Flash Hider
7mm Metal Bushing Gearbox
Hi-Capacity Magazine

And Im Thinking of having the few upgrades.

TM G36C Side Rail Kit   ?14.99
   TM G36C HiCap mag   ?24.99
   Battery 8.4v 1100mAh GP Nimh   ?32.99
   AEG Starter Pack   ?69.99

Im Also Looking for a secondary weapon, with some ooph, currently im scoping the

Glock 18C MAEG  ?99.99

There has been very good reveiws on the gun but im looking with a pistol with removable stock and has to be semi-auto, preferebly black.

All of this is on www.airsoftarmoury.co.uk
« Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 06:03:12 pm by Ryan »
(\___/)
(=??=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste
(")__(")Bunny into your signature to help him gain       
            world domination

Offline Kalon

• Elitist Fat Tosser
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dragonvalley.co.uk
Re: Hey, *Newbie*
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 07:25:52 pm »
buying classic army makes kalon cry  :( :( :( :(

if u like the g36c get a TM one.

kal
Because we are swat, and our limits differ to what is actually legal.......

Offline Firkit

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2006, 07:27:34 pm »
Hiya Ryan, you certainly seem to have done your research but get the TM G36 - much better as a first AEG, otherwise that looks like a pretty decent selection of kit. The MAEGs are great fun, and much less hassle than a gas blowback pistol, though the noise isn't as good. I would recommend not buying your own gear until you've been a couple of times and you know you want to carry on, it's a hefty amount of cash to splash out if you've not played before.

I'm reasonably confident that our insurance actually covers down to 12 and not 14 as it says on the website, but I'll have to double check that. You would certainly need to have a parent or guardian attend with you.

Can you confirm that Jeff?

Offline Ryan

• Lance Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2006, 07:54:00 pm »
yeah, if you class my brother as an adult.  :D Nahh, hes 27 and a bit of plonker. hehe but no worries!
(\___/)
            world domination

Offline beefy0978

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2006, 08:58:50 pm »
Classic Army are apparently not what they used to be and straight out of the box, some would say are better than TM. If you are comparing them to older versions that might not be true and lots of people seem to swear by TM. Bear in mind that without mods the TM will be rated at around 270-280 fps and the CA will be 320 fps 'ish but it depends what you're after and how many mods you want to do...

Offline Firkit

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2006, 10:11:01 pm »
CA still have nothing like the level of quality control that TM do though. I would even be tempted to say that ICS have overtaken CA in terms of being able to buy a new AEG and have it work straight from the box without taking it to bits first.

Offline Titan

• DV Marshal
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2006, 10:27:24 pm »
Agreed my ICS MP5 SD came out of the box fires at a constant 320 FPS and has never jammed once. I've put at least 6000 rounds through it as well and most of that at last DV.. Mag Mags are great fun.

But agreed if your going for a 1st gun, you can't go wrong with Tokyo Marui.  As a few people have said CA have decent gear.. after you have stripped it down replaced a lot of parts with TM ones and put it back together again.

Oh and one last thing, i wouldn't worry about a side arm just yet, many players don't even take out their pistol and infact last DV i used mine once in 1 game. If your going for guns from the off, just get the AEG and then move on if the sport takes your fancy.
Zombie Master.

Offline Kalon

• Elitist Fat Tosser
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2006, 09:05:18 am »
yep down to 12 but need a guardian with you....
I hate classic army...

6 guns i fixed on sunday
5 of them were classic army and 1 ics  anyone else see a pattern here?
the 2 augs i fixed had parts missing from the hop unit i mean come on..

kal
Because we are swat, and our limits differ to what is actually legal.......

Offline Rawz

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2006, 06:37:38 pm »
If you're looking for something a bit different and cheaper than the G36C you might wanna try the TM SIG552, this is the only AEG i own and i can safely say its excellent. Been skirmishing a few times and havent found anyone using one yet, moving to cardiff this saturday so i'll be hoping to get to DV and start using it there, its a pretty decent alternative to the more common AEG's used.

Build quality is awesome, so is the stock power and rof, cant go wrong with one, only gripe is the small capacity of the mags but i have 3 hicaps and thats already reached the max ammo you're allowed per round at DV :P

Offline Ryan

• Lance Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2006, 08:03:51 pm »
yeah, im just gonna have a scope around for a decent assault rifle or a full auto pistol because i like them.  :D Ever played resident evil 2 as leon, his handun gets upgraded with a stock and that! So whens the next event, or do you have to book, or is it like come-and-go? And also there is one problem with the guns :(
the TM SIG552 and the G36C all look good but i dont like the bullet look in the magazine, and im looking for something "hardish" cause bein 12 i might break it!   8)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 08:10:00 pm by Ryan »
(\___/)
            world domination

Offline Rawz

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2006, 10:37:11 pm »
Personally i'm rather scared by the dummy rounds in my SIG standard cap mags, it looks awfully like a real steel version then.... But i just use the hicaps which look normal instead

Tbh you wont easily break most guns, aslong as you're strong enough not to drop it all the time. Just gotta take good care of it

Offline Firkit

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2006, 10:42:48 pm »
I'm still sticking to my "rent first, buy later" argument. Come to a game, see what the kit looks like up close and personal, see what you really like the look of, maybe ask if someone will let you test fire an AEG you like to see how it feels.

If I was 12 I think the weight and size would be big considerations to me, and I'd be thinking MP5 or P90.

Offline Rawz

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2006, 10:45:43 pm »
That is slightly why i suggested my SIG as i didnt say, it is very small and light especially with the folding stock, i dont notice the difference between it and mates MP5 at all..

But yes you are completely right in trying airsoft before buying, its a big investment to make

Offline Nightwish

• Colour Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2006, 11:05:10 pm »
Lo :p

I use a CA G36c ( amongst my many others lol ) and tbh i recommend it over the TM G36 providing you get a good one.

Ive had bad experiences with other CA guns in the past but the 36 is  on form. does 300fps out of the box with a decent rate of fire, is solid as a rock and the build quality on this one is one of the few ive seen that out-does the tm equivalent. TM's g36 body is glossy black plastic, CA is a matt fibreglass composite ( or somesuch ) thats far stronger, nicer to hold and just looks better :)

fully compatible with all TM G36 accessories, and the CA comes with side rails as standard, and a hicap. what more can you ask for  :D

but as has been said, you take a gamble on quality control with CA. 3 of my team bought CA M15A4's, mine worked fine. other 2 sucked royally, hop non existent on one and about 200fps, other one hop worked fine but did about 120fps at best and blew its fuse on 2nd outing ( Farids one before i gutted it and replaced almost everything piston/chamber wise with tm parts )
« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 11:08:19 pm by Nightwish »
Retired DV Marshal from the days of yore....

Offline Firkit

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2006, 11:31:46 pm »
...which pretty much confirms what we've been saying about CA; you just don't know what you're going to get. Much better when it's going to be your only AEG for a while to get a good old reliable TM.