Author Topic: Airsoft Newbie  (Read 2605 times) Share

Offline joeyrolls

• Raw Recruit
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
Airsoft Newbie
« on: September 19, 2006, 09:37:39 pm »
I should be coming up for the 1st October but im not sure what im supposed to bring? I guess I mean clothing/protection wise. I also hear it will be hot but shorts would mean cut up legs?

Thanks in advance.

Offline Firkit

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dragonvalley.co.uk
Re: Airsoft Newbie
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 10:08:30 pm »
Hiya,

Most people wear combat gear, but if you don't have any then we have khaki coveralls and dpm assault vests you can borrow. If you are renting an AEG you'll get those items issued to you anyway. I can't say I'd fancy playing in shorts, there's a hell of a lot of thistles and nettles about, you don't notice them through a thick pair of combat trousers but you'd have very odd looking cavles on Monday morning if you chose to play in shorts. I can't imagine it will be all that hot come the 1st of October, not like it has been the last few games anyway.

Hope that helps.

Offline joeyrolls

• Raw Recruit
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2006, 11:00:01 pm »
:lol: Thanks for the help. I will be renting an AEG so looks like i'll be fine then.  :P

Offline Firkit

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dragonvalley.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2006, 11:38:46 pm »
Indeed. the only other thing to consider is decent footwear. If you've got a pair of walking boots or similar those will do nicely, trainers are a last resort. DV has plenty of rabbit holes and other obstacles for the unsuspecting foot, it's always nicer if everyone can go home with their ankles intact :)

Offline Wallyrolla

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2006, 11:34:57 am »
Yeah joe, Bring the money in tomorrow and my mum will book it for us  :D gonna be so much fun now, Can't Wait!

See you all there!