Author Topic: whats the best...  (Read 3237 times) Share

Offline D!sturb3d

• Private
    • View Profile
whats the best...
« on: September 26, 2006, 12:58:27 am »
Does anyone live in Port talbot or any where near Neath or swansea. id love to know what the best way to get to Dragon valley is from there,  ive been lookin forward to going airsofting for bloody ages and im hoping to come own for the 15th October. first of all though i would love to know whats the best sort of transport... im only 16 so i cant drive :) would ave to ask my mother and i dont think she fancies a 1hr 30mins drive to newport lol....poor bugger....would be grateful if sum1 could help out in anyway...with directions or anything really...Dragon valley is the only one i know of which is anywhere near me ... its a shame really... that there arent any near swansea...
thanks very much though would be much appreciated if someone could help out.....

D!sturb3d your friendly neighbourhood Psycho
"A plate can feed a reciever, But only a Bucket can feed a lineman!"

Offline stan

• DV Member
    • View Profile
Re: whats the best...
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 09:54:03 am »
Get on the M4 and just keep going - come off at the Coldra Junction and follow the convoy from Mcdonalds :D

Aren't there directions on the DV site?
Stand Down Sir!

Offline leetabix

• DV Marshal
  • Spin ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 02:57:46 pm »
I think he's saying that he hasn't got a lift, and needs someone to take him to DV.  Although are you saying that it's a short drive to the Macdonalds where some of us commonly meet in the morning?  I'm not aware of the location of that Macdonalds in relation to Swansea...

Offline D!sturb3d

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 04:08:09 pm »
i would be very gratefull for a lift yes...but i cant really make heads or tails of the directions on the site. but thanks for putting it simpler. around what time do you normally meet at mc donalds would be handy if i could follow one of you perhaps.  thanks very much.

Offline C-X

• DV Marshal
  • What awesome looks like!
    • View Profile
    • Rantings of a Casual Gamer
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2006, 04:32:00 pm »
The McDonalds where most of us meet in the mornings is at J24 of the M4.  To be honest getting to DV is a lost cause unless you have a car or a lift.  It's in the middle of nowhere and there aren't any buses or trains that go nearby.  A good idea might be to go onto the ASC forums and check if there are any DV players around the Swansea area that you could hitch a lift with.  I can't think of any from that neck of the woods at the moment though.

Offline Firkit

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dragonvalley.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2006, 08:03:37 pm »
What you want to do is hook up with the guys from SUTA, the Swansea University Tactical Airsoft team. For obvious reasons, they are based in Swansea. Several of them are on here.

Offline D!sturb3d

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2006, 03:42:26 pm »
thanks for that! could you gimme the names of one of them or something? so i can get hold of one of them...thanks!

Offline stan

• DV Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2006, 12:33:40 am »
Well I live in bridgend, I could give a lift if needed from here to DV and back
Stand Down Sir!

Offline Firkit

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dragonvalley.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2006, 01:12:35 am »
I believe Fuzzy is the main contact for SUTA at present.

Offline FuzzY

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2006, 05:52:31 pm »
ah ha! I am here. Forgive us SUTA lot for being a bit disorganised lately, weve been a busy bunch!

On occasion we have a nice Uni minibus running the SUTA lot to DV from Swansea, and we actually stop in Neath to pick up a few of our players there, thus we'll happily give you a lift. Problem is we rarely have the minibus and our members tend to drive about to DV most of the time and most of the players who own the cars arent actually from Swansea (like me!)

I doubt we'll have a minibus going to DV on the 15th, but we may have it for an event in November sometime. As I said earlier, if we have the minibus we'll happily give you a lift.
Co-Host of Fuzzy-Krell FM channel 4/05 broadcasting every other sunday

Offline D!sturb3d

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2006, 07:02:10 pm »
Thanks very much Fuzzy, if you do have the minibus please contact me id be grateful and happy to pay some petrol money or something. but if you could pm me or something when you ae using the minibus it would be awesome...
thanks

Offline Ryan

• Lance Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2006, 06:26:38 pm »
Where do i meet. Im A Junction 23a. Lol, So I Dont See The Point Of Me Driving TO Junction 24 then back. lol  :x
(\___/)
(=??=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste
(")__(")Bunny into your signature to help him gain       
            world domination