but ide like your verdict first please
go to,  http://www.gizmos-uk.com/BE%20Steyr%20AUG.html

Offline Ryan

• Lance Corporal
    • View Profile
Re: new
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 08:20:19 pm »
if you had a look at this forum, you would of found that this gun = steyr aeg
has already been shown up, and reviewed.
http://www.dragonvalley.co.uk/php/smf/index.php?topic=386.0

C-X Wrote
There's been a sudden influx into the market lately of cheap chinese knockoffs of the better known manufacturers models but a lot of them have little to no quality control and can sometimes break almost instantly.

Firkit Wrote
Looks a bag of spoons to me. Maybe you should be looking at a second hand AEG? Some bargains to be had that way.

Like I Said to you in school, dont buy it.
(\___/)
(=??=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste
(")__(")Bunny into your signature to help him gain       
            world domination

Offline Ryan

• Lance Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 08:44:22 pm »
If You Want A Steyr, Get The Tokyo Marui Steyr ?179.99

Although it has limited metal parts, including barrel and scope mount, this AUG is a close replica of the real steel version. The beauty of this gun is the way that semi and auto modes are selected - pull halfway on the trigger for semi-auto, pull all the way on the trigger for full-auto mode! This is one of the most solid AEGs in the Marui lineup and it feels like a piece of rock in your hands!
This AEG takes a small type battey behind the rear butt stock.

Specs.
Gear Box - Version 3
Motor - EG700
Magazine - 80 rounds
Length - 805mm
Height - 250mm
Weight - 3500g
Muzzle Velocity - 260 - 270fps
Battery - Mini Type (not included)
Package includes (AEG, manual, magazine, loading tube, cleaning rod)

You Need A Mini Battery, and some 330 round magazines and your good to go.  :D

ryan, out.

*link is http://www.airsoftarmoury.co.uk/product_reviews_info.php?products_id=1992&reviews_id=329*
(\___/)
(=??=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste
(")__(")Bunny into your signature to help him gain       
            world domination

Offline Head Wreck

• Sergeant Major
  • WALT founder
    • View Profile
    • WALT home site - Welsh Airsoft Layabout Team
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006, 06:20:34 pm »
steyer augs are quite solid.  and should be readily available second hand.

i am tempted to buy AUG number 4 if it werent for other projects

Offline J

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2006, 06:49:12 pm »
Lol :D People are so prejudiced! Just because its not a TM or a CA it must be bad?

Essentially what you are buying is a pretend gun, you really think it costs Marui anywhere near the prices they sell at? Of course not, u buy the label not the gun! Its much more logical to pay a fraction of the price for something which is much more than a fraction of the gun and doesnt have the label.

As far as the gun goes, its not a bad buy. I believe (im not sure) that all BE guns at the moment are the same, performance wise (just with a different shell). I have a BE SL8 and its easily match for a CA. I would definately endure the screams of "z0mg its not a marui, u must bh t3h n00b!" and know that ive payed 100 quid less for a gun which is very nearly as (if not equally) good.

The one field where some of the cheaper guns fall down is endurance. This sounds important but its nowhere near as big a deal as people make out. I have found endurance to be (usually) as good with cheap guns and iv'e been using Cymas!

Obviously in the end the Marui is a better gun but its much, much more money and nowhere as far out of the cheaper guns league as people like to pretend!

I wouldnt rule out the BE just because its cheap. Its not underpriced, its just not as outrageously overpriced ;)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2006, 06:51:21 pm by J »
Crusading for the rights of crappy chinese AEGs :D

Offline Firkit

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dragonvalley.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2006, 08:05:35 pm »
I suppose it is true that you can live with an AEG that shreds itself after 5 games if you only plan to play every couple of months. At that rate you would have to replace/repair at least once per year which would give you a quite sustainable rate of spending.  I also agree that there is a premium attached to the TM name, but you know what you're getting with TM whereas buying something like a BE AEG you are to some extent taking a gamble. That said, if it dies in ten minutes of normal use I'm sure the sale of goods act would be of assistance.

Offline Winter Man

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2006, 08:27:31 pm »
So a TM AEG if only used once every couple of months will last a bloody lifetime.

Boooom headshot!

Offline J

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2006, 11:32:57 pm »
I suppose it is true that you can live with an AEG that shreds itself after 5 games

If you ever find one of these please let me know ;)

And whats wrong with taking a gamble? If if doesn't work then you've lost 80 quid but life goes on. On the other hand if it pays off then youve saved about 100 and you airsoft 'habit' will become a whole lot cheaper :D

Like I said, the marui is the better gun but dont discount the BE without detailed research just because its not well known.

Offline Firkit

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dragonvalley.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2006, 11:52:10 pm »
My only concern is that the guys who are looking at these cheaper AEGs are not in a position to be taking a gamble; we're making recommendations for how they can spend what to them is seeming like an amount of money that has taken a little while to save. If I go out and blow a days wages on a cheap Chinese AEG and it turns out to be a lemon then that's not the drama that it is if someone has saved ?5 a week from their Saturday job and struggled for six months to get their first AEG. I don't doubt that there are good BE AEGs, and that you have owned one, but out of a shipment of 100 BE and 100 TM AEGs I think we all know which will have the higher failure rate.

Being comparable to a CA AEG is not necessarily a glowing endorsement ;)

Offline Titan

• DV Marshal
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2006, 01:17:00 am »
J

Saying that by buying a TM you are simply paying for the name is simply not true.

Tm have been around for years and have an extreamely good record when it comes to quality.? Not many owners could honestly say that their TM has come apart in their hands from just general wear an tear.

Put another way, you don't spend ?60-90 quid on a pair of addidas trainers becuase of the name, its becuase you wont have to replace them in a year, where as the ?20 quid hi-tec trainers need to be replaced every 3 months cos they suck. Cheaper is not always the best option.

You also say that if u spend ?50 quid on a BE gun if it breaks its only 50 quid, but that ?50 could have gone towards a safer bet.? What you aim to buy is reliablity, i own both ICS and TM guns.

Another example is UTG, they make very good guns for the price which is very reasonable. The UTG sniper is a nice gun, light and pretty accurate. however when you compare it to the G-Spec it really doesn't compare. the willying lever on the UTG is heavy the G-spec is smooth and light. Accuracy on the G-spec is out of this world, with a good scope its definately a worthy skirmishing gun.

Now take the quality of the UTG shotgun, i have chrono'ed one of them at approx 300fps. I have also fired 1 that had a range of about 10ft before the BB was eating dirt. At the end of the day both guns cost ?35 quid but vary massively in quality. Saying your BE is fine doesn't mean that all the other ones is going be up to the same standard as yours. I can honestly say i have never head any player at DV mentioning the good guns that BE make (not forgeting some of these guys own more than 5 aeg's).

in my experiance (which isn't that long compared to some) listen to the veteran players who have owned lots of brands of AEG's to find out which one is worth your hard earned dollar.

edit - Laffle at the word censor willying lever indeed.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2006, 01:20:01 am by Titan »
Zombie Master.

Offline D!sturb3d

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2006, 01:23:16 am »
firkit is right, although TM is alot its a much better buy, u would be much better off having a marui for xmas or sumin than cashing out ?50 a month for block of chinese tuppa ware... cos when u think about it althoug uve saved about ?130 by going with BE u still have to pay for entry and ammo so buy buying a gunthat wont brek, your set for a good while. you wont have to worry about "can i afford to play 2day, should i leave the house i or wont i have enough for this months gun.

i say stick with everyone else and go for the bigger brand. Tokyo Marui tbh
"A plate can feed a reciever, But only a Bucket can feed a lineman!"

Offline Head Wreck

• Sergeant Major
  • WALT founder
    • View Profile
    • WALT home site - Welsh Airsoft Layabout Team
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2006, 12:24:18 pm »
buy crap and buy twice. (or more)

getting good propper kit can be more expensive initially but in the long run. i allways used to buy cheap comms gear that would stop working as soon as game on went, then bought a profesional PMR rig and havent even sworn at it once.

same goes for AEG's  get good sturdy kit, may take longer to save up, but you wont face dissapointment on the day.  a lot of cheaper makes have AWFULL castings on the gearboxes (you might as well make them out of recycled tesco carriers, they'll have more tensile strength) and the plastics may be more ridgid, but they are on a rul;e more brittle and will break where TM plastics would spring back into shape

Offline J

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2006, 01:40:46 pm »
AWFULL castings on the gearboxes

I still stand by everything i've said, but that^ is unfortunately true! :lol: