Author Topic: BATTLEFIELD 3  (Read 56270 times) Share

Offline Hitman

• DV Member
  • 640509-040147
    • View Profile
Re: BATTLEFIELD 3
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2011, 07:45:06 am »
Had the beta of this and all I can say is it was a big let down :(

I agree, so much so that I've cancelled my pre-order. 

I've always been a COD fan (except COD3 - that was just shockingly bad!) and was a late comer to BF2 (2 months ago), but I found multiplayer had something that Black Ops lacked and it was pretty enjoyable.  The beta of BF3 however seems to have changed too many things, even if they are just little things like the lobby, its far to easy to press the wrong button whilst customising and you deploy yourself!
Do us a favor... I know it's difficult for you... but please, stay here, and try not to do anything... stupid.

Offline lucas lee

• DV Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2011, 09:58:13 am »
been playing the demo on the PS3 and its really good on multiplayer.

Love using the pistol and get streaks getting me a good kill and death ratio  :bravo:

Offline Scarve

• DV Member
  • Cobalt - C02
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2011, 12:06:25 pm »
I've never found Battlefield multiplayer to be any good.  I went out and bought BC2 after everyone raved about it.  I found myself using a sniper rifle, trying to shoot people from afar and getting picked off from miles away by people using XM8 rifles.

Then there's the vehicles.  Jesus f**k! Talk about unbalanced.

Methinks I will give this a miss.

The Bad Companies are crap compared to the Orginal Battlefields tbh, Battlefield 2, 2142 and 1942 kick the shit out of BFBC1 and BFBC2, the multiplayer is miles better, BC3 is in the same format as those, not like the crappy Bad Company Multiplayer system

And I'm guessing you guys are playing it on console? which it probably is awful on, BF3 and the frostbite 2 engine are completely optimized for the PC so I think console gamers will lose out a bit unfortunately, it was the same for BF2 and its counterparts (Spec ops, 1942, 2142 etc etc) which never even came out for the Consoles, and like I said they absolutely destroyed the Bad Companies which I think were absolute crap, and tbh there is no other game like this for me, I fruitopian hate COD every single one of them even on PC, so yea looking forward to it :3.
And if I'm honest I wouldn't judge the final product off the back of an Alpha/Beta because the end product will have a lot of changes, as I've found out all too many times.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 12:12:20 pm by Scarve »

Offline Greg

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Wait, what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2011, 05:05:13 pm »
Bare this in mind guys. The Battlefield series is mainly for the PC. Barring BF2:MC (Shit) BBC1 (Meh) BBC2 (Meh again)
The idiot who got stuck in a thorn bush
C04

Offline Dibs

• DV Marshal
  • Potato Salad
    • View Profile
    • FaceBook
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2011, 11:44:06 pm »
The Bad Companies are crap compared to the Orginal Battlefields tbh, Battlefield 2, 2142 and 1942 kick the shit out of BFBC1 and BFBC2, the multiplayer is miles better, BC3 is in the same format as those, not like the crappy Bad Company Multiplayer system.

exactly, BF2, 2142 and Vietnam were some of the best games ive ever played online, BC2 is too spammy, unbalanced and full of a*holes who just want to fly choppers and not give a rubber ducky about the rest of the game.

however im finding the beta awfully buggy compared to alpha, corpses shoot back at you, and to be frank thats really annoying, and i find that people are ranking up WAY too easy.  ive given it only around 3 hours or so of gameplay and ive hit rank 9 and some sad acts are already at ranks 40 or above.

why spoil the full game and play the beta THAT much?
World Of Tanks - Fellowz
Steam ID - Fellowz
Origin ID - mando-fett
War Thunder - Torque_Thunder

Offline Baby Buster

• DV Marshal
  • DV's Resident suicide missionary
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2011, 02:05:26 am »
Heard mixed things about the beta. My internets been down for a week so haven't had the chance to play it my self.
Personally think it's sad when developers make games 'optimized' for certain platforms. But you can't please everybody
Contact Airsoft UK - Admin

Into video game reviews? Watch this space!

Offline Greg

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Wait, what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2011, 12:00:09 pm »
Sadly. I think MW3 and Skyrim will be on my game shelf instead of BF3 :'/
C04

Offline backlash13

• DV Member
  • [DATA EXPUNGED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2011, 06:02:10 pm »
Just remember to save those pennies for when mass effect 3 rolls around in march

Offline Greg

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Wait, what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2011, 11:16:36 pm »
BF3 pre-ordered. I was reading COD fanboy reviews so I thought bugger it if people are complaining. Got bored and turned out I loved it. I revoke my previous statement.

BF3 + Skryim on my shelf :3
C04

Offline Hitman

• DV Member
  • 640509-040147
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2011, 12:00:00 pm »
I think I'm gonna go with MW3 on release and then BF3 as a Xmas present - I've always enjoyed the COD games (including campaign except COD3) but I found the campaign a little crappy on BF2.
Do us a favor... I know it's difficult for you... but please, stay here, and try not to do anything... stupid.

Offline Greg

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Wait, what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2011, 06:23:41 pm »
I think I'm gonna go with MW3 on release and then BF3 as a Xmas present - I've always enjoyed the COD games (including campaign except COD3) but I found the campaign a little crappy on BF2.

There was no campaign in BF2....
C04

Offline Vielwerth

• DV Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2011, 06:45:59 pm »
Let's hope that BF3 has all it's kinks ironed out by release time. They should have some sort of system so that quick reviews like C-X's can get straight to the developers.

Meanwhile, I'll be playing Magicka; Vietnam because I'm too poor to afford any of these new games.

Offline benjih03

• 2nd Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2011, 10:24:11 pm »
Personally, I really enjoyed the beta. 100000x better than BC2 even in beta phase in my mind. Okay, so finding my self disappearing into the map and having the game freeze on a few of the menus forcing me to restart the console was a bit annoying but I played the beta a lot more than I've played fifa 12 so far.....

Offline Hitman

• DV Member
  • 640509-040147
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2011, 08:16:20 am »
There was no campaign in BF2....

I meant BF:BC2!

Offline Reppyboyo

• DV Member
  • Resident Gasser
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2011, 06:51:33 pm »
Quick note to all PC players with a pre-order on Origin.

You can unlock the game early but connecting to a VPN or Proxy in Korea or Indonesia.
SP & MP work fine once unlocked, even after disconnecting from the proxy.

Have fun, been playing since 4.