Author Topic: ArmA III  (Read 2935 times) Share

Offline sharpshooter_88

• Private
  • Boo Yeah
    • View Profile
ArmA III
« on: May 19, 2011, 07:45:25 pm »

Arma 3, the latest installment of the tactical military simulation game from independent developers Bohemia Interactive, creators of the award-winning mil-sim series Arma.
Storyline

Survive, Adapt, Win
After years of intense warfare against Eastern armies, Europe has become the last stand for the battered NATO forces. On the verge of being driven into the sea, NATO command embarks upon a most desperate measure. In the hope of seizing what seems to be a well-guarded military secret, Operation Magnitude is launched. A small group of Special Forces and Researchers are sent to a Mediterranean island deep behind enemy lines. However, the mission is compromised and the task force destroyed, leaving Cpt. Scott Miller washed ashore upon the hostile island. In his effort to carry out the mission, he will face the dangers of modern warfare, an unforgiving environment, and the consequences of his own decisions...

Survive in the rich & authentic environment
    Adapt to the unsurpassed experience of modern ground combat
    Win the open-ended & story-driven campaign

Combining the strength of its predecessors with radical engine improvements, Arma 3 provides a unique experience of sandbox-oriented combat gameplay in the most detailed environment of the series.
Key features:

Single-Player Campaign - evolve from a lone prey into a military commander in the open-ended & story-driven campaign.
    Vehicles & Weapons - control multitude of aircraft, vehicles and ships with the accurate simulation, shoot from anything from pistols to the sophisticated weapon platforms.
    Customizable Soldier Load - choose your uniform, assemble your weapon kit, change your loadout, get encumbered.
    Physical simulation & improved animations - take advantage of PhysX™ supporting the vehicle simulation, in-game interactions and the revamped animation system.
    Rich & authentic environment - explore the unsurpassed modern ground combat experience set on the authentic Mediterranean island modeled from the real geographic data.
    Multiplayer Gameplay - challenge both cooperative & competitive scenarios with full support of dedicated servers for both Windows and Linux.
    Completely extensible & moddable - design & create countless customizable scenarios using the intuitive & easy-to-use mission editor.

ArmA is a much better milsim than the shite codemasters throw out.

Anyone else getting this or play ArmA II currently?

Offline Greg

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Wait, what?
    • View Profile
Re: ArmA III
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 10:45:30 pm »
I would love to play ARMA but my computer has the power of a mouse and a wheel. It was rumored they were going to develop a XBOX version. But the graphics look amazing and the detail in the game is phenomenal
The idiot who got stuck in a thorn bush
C04

Offline sharpshooter_88

• Private
  • Boo Yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 10:10:02 am »
Yeah it really is such a detailed game. I've been playing ArmA with a group of mates since ArmA I and some of the things we get to do due to the dynamic mission editor is amazing.

One night we could be on a set mission with set goals and the next we'd just be out patrolling and encounter randomly generated enemy camps. It truly is amazing.

It is a shame that it requires such a good PC to be able to play it steadily.

With that said though one of them is playing ArmA II with a single core and a graphics card that I gave him about 3 years ago when I was upgrading, he manages to play it fairy well considering his system too.

Offline Owen

• Private
    • View Profile
    • Flickr
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 09:48:33 am »
My processor is 2.6 or 2.4 i think and arma 2 needs a 3. so a new computer or laptop is needed to play it. Now I have seen number 3 is coming out, I really need to play it. I can manage to install it and just about play it. the people have no face and it still lags really badly  :(

Offline acko

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 02:49:25 am »
Dude!!! iv been playing arma for donkys years too !! since OFP pc/xbox editor is a masively powerfull tool name a game u can practicly build it for arma 2

been looking for a group of lads to tag along with maily on the wrecking crew servers whats ur tags steam or do u use a team speak or ventrilo  :bravo:

Offline Bam

• Corporal
  • Of Our Own Accord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 10:31:15 pm »
OMG WANT WANT
“Perception is strong and sight weak. In strategy it is ...”
― Miyamoto Musashi

Offline FakeMessiah

• DV Member
  • Dead Player - FakeMessiah/Bieber
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Drum Cover Channel
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2012, 08:06:38 pm »
Only ever been able to play ARMA 2 on minimal settings and even then it was slow. Really should invest in a decent PC. Was a great game however, even good just looking up  peoples gameplay on Youtube, makes me rather jealous. As for this 3rd one it will give me a main reason to get a new PC! Well looking forward to seeing more.

Offline Baby Buster

• DV Marshal
  • DV's Resident suicide missionary
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2012, 12:41:40 am »
Wasnt a fan on ARMA 2. Couldn't get on with it past the training thanks to its clunky controls, and other annoyances. Kinda reminds me why I can't get on with 'tactical' shooters.
Contact Airsoft UK - Admin

Into video game reviews? Watch this space!