Author Topic: World Of Tanks  (Read 11811 times) Share

Offline Dibs

• DV Marshal
  • Potato Salad
    • View Profile
    • FaceBook
World Of Tanks
« on: November 07, 2011, 09:35:27 pm »
ive been playing this for around about a year now and still havnt really made a dent in any of the tech trees. so im wondering who plays it or is interested in playing it?

its a free MMO based on WWII tanks you buy them, upgrade them, train crews, add equippment and with the 7.0 update arriving within the next few weeks you can add camo to your tank

check it out http://game.worldoftanks.eu/

if you already have it then add me up - Fellowz
World Of Tanks - Fellowz
Steam ID - Fellowz
Origin ID - mando-fett
War Thunder - Torque_Thunder

Offline lucas lee

• DV Member
    • View Profile
Re: World Of Tanks
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 10:32:08 pm »
this is a good online game :) played it for half a year so far but been playing on the north American Servers can't wait for world of war planes they are bringing out soon.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 10:42:50 pm by lucas lee »

Offline Monkfish

• DV Member
  • Expert shit shoveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 10:02:41 am »
I looked at this a while ago but gave up downloading the installer because my connection was shart at the time. I'll have to take another look at it as I like tank type games and rolling about smashing shit up.
If it moves, shoot it.
If it doesn't move, shoot at it until it does.

Offline lucas lee

• DV Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 12:53:13 pm »
awesome   :D

Offline Greg

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Wait, what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 09:44:39 pm »
Been playing on this game for a few days now and its awesome, although I have noticed it seems to be one person who carries the whole team. I keep on getting mixed in with all these heavy tanks and just end up being dominated by them as they kill my puny little light tank in one go.

Other than that, that's my only grief with the game. Well and the fact all the sounds are the bloody same but eh its a free game. Almost forgot, the repeating cannons are over powered to hell because they throw off the aim of the semi-auto cannons so much you cant kit them

Also, hit me with a friend inv : Glassybubbles
The idiot who got stuck in a thorn bush
C04

Offline lucas lee

• DV Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 09:23:16 am »
The over-powered cannons of the cannons from the 75mm or higher semi-cannons are awesome doing a lot of damage to  lower tier tanks and can do damage to higher tiers if hit in a vunerable area. The repeating shots fair enough they are inaccurate overall and damage on heavies due to their weak damage and peneration but I agree that the recoil and the unsteady aim in the repeated shots are hell when they recoil but when you step up in the game the shells are going to take longer and the aim will take longer as the high mm cannons from the semi is just as bad but goes in 1 shot depending on the cannon's mm.

Almost forgot, the repeating cannons are over powered to hell because they throw off the aim of the semi-auto cannons so much you cant kit them

This doesn't always happen to semi-auto cannons just depends on the tank you are using and the turret that it has that will determine if the aim is thrown off.

You will love the higher tier tanks when you can give a high level damage in 1 shot to lower tiers with less armor but beware of high tiers, getting hit in the back by other tanks and artillary fire.

I myself have a KV-3 (107mm)  and a T32 Heavy (105mm)  and the higher the mm the more time it takes to reload that is slow and dull making every shot count as the tanks would be vunerable to any speading tank as a scout for artillary.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 09:52:48 am by lucas lee »

Offline Dibs

• DV Marshal
  • Potato Salad
    • View Profile
    • FaceBook
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2012, 09:22:46 pm »
anyone been playing since the 7.2 update? french tanks are suprisingly good.
World Of Tanks - Fellowz
Steam ID - Fellowz
Origin ID - mando-fett

Offline lucas lee

• DV Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 10:48:08 am »
dibs french tanks are only good at tier 7 or above the below ones are rubbish ><

Offline Vielwerth

• DV Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2012, 12:59:55 pm »
anyone been playing since the 7.2 update? french tanks are suprisingly good.

I have. I'm up to the AMX40 now, with the aim of getting to the AMX 13 90.

dibs french tanks are only good at tier 7 or above the below ones are rubbish ><

I disagree. In lower tier battles French armour is nigh on undefeatable unless you hit weakspots. The only real anomaly is that the AMX40 gets put into battles which are too high a tier for it, probably because the matchmaking considers it to be a fast scouting tank (like other Tier IV light tanks) when it isn't.

Offline Dibs

• DV Marshal
  • Potato Salad
    • View Profile
    • FaceBook
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2012, 09:25:05 am »
i have the AMX 13 75, i banked up loads of XP when i knew 7.2 was on its way so ive managed to skip most of the god awful tanks but i cant say the same for the BDR which is god awful even with the 90mm

i do agree some french tanks are put into tiers too high. i destroyed a Jagdtiger when i had the AMX 12 only if i had the jump on it and just keep away from that nasty 128mm

if you guys want to add me my username is fellowz
World Of Tanks - Fellowz
Steam ID - Fellowz
Origin ID - mando-fett

Offline lucas lee

• DV Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2012, 01:20:44 pm »
the 128mm is awesome :P on a ferdi and a Jagdtiger :P and the 120mm on the T28 but yep speed defeats all td's :P. If it was a light tank i'd go for one of the french meds over tier 6,  type 59 or the T-44 or T-54

I disagree. In lower tier battles French armour is nigh on undefeatable unless you hit weakspots. The only real anomaly is that the AMX40 gets put into battles which are too high a tier for it, probably because the matchmaking considers it to be a fast scouting tank (like other Tier IV light tanks) when it isn't.

fair enough Viel but do you consider that the french tank guns do suck at a low tier as in 1 match I tried with 5 other french tanks to shoot the same tanks and also american tanks we did nothing to each other for over 2 mins wasting ammo shooting at different places on eachothers tanks :/.

And match maker really is aweful on there as i was in a tier 6 and i get put in tier 10's ><.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 01:23:00 pm by lucas lee »

Offline Dibs

• DV Marshal
  • Potato Salad
    • View Profile
    • FaceBook
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2012, 04:39:25 pm »
the matchmaking is pretty poor i do admit. for example

this is the gun i have for my AMX 13 75

75 mm SA50

Damage: 135/135/175(HP)
Penetration: 144/202/38(mm)
ROF: 4.29(r/m)
Accuracy: 0.31(m)
Aim Time:   2(s

that is a very powerful gun especuially with the autoloader which makes up for its lack of armour.

a pack of AMX 13's completley rendered the enemy team useless in a match i played today with tier X's they took out the arty and flanked the heavies while our heavies moved up and the TD's moved into positions to take them out. these are very good tanks when used correctly, hence the matchmaking, if they were placed in lower tier battles people would moan they are overpowered. i took a few teams by suprise inflicting damage on their top tier tanks before vanishing again. its down to the player.

the early french tanks are very poor, playing with a friend who had tier I,II and III french tanks it was just painful to watch. but some of them are very well armoured for their tiers such as the AMX 38 and the B1.

but unfortuanely i have sold 4 tanks to buy 1 :( my Tiger P, Panther, Panzer 4 and VK2801 just to buy a Panther II. and i need to save money for my Ferdinand.

what are your usernames. ill add you today.
World Of Tanks - Fellowz
Steam ID - Fellowz
Origin ID - mando-fett

Offline lucas lee

• DV Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2012, 09:23:09 am »
mines kinglemon
 however im not on the EU server but on the US server so i don't think you'll find me dibs

i have the AMX 40 and it really does suck looks like a duck ha and can't do much :/

Offline Dibs

• DV Marshal
  • Potato Salad
    • View Profile
    • FaceBook
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2012, 03:44:45 pm »
why on earth are you on the US server?
World Of Tanks - Fellowz
Steam ID - Fellowz
Origin ID - mando-fett

Offline lucas lee

• DV Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2012, 08:57:28 pm »
I dont know just chose a server as i didnt mind where i played :P may make a account on the EU server XD as well