Author Topic: "Toilets"  (Read 11986 times) Share

Offline Laura

• Lance Corporal
    • View Profile
    • Bullet Hell
"Toilets"
« on: November 20, 2011, 09:05:38 pm »
I won't 'beat around the bush', the toilet at DV is absolutely horrible.
I really want to bring a couple of my girlfriends to DV but the fact that the toilet is so gross is seriously going to put them off. I think one of them will flat out refuse to go - not telling her is not an option, she would make my life a living hell!

I was extremely uncomfortable for most of the day because I did not want to risk a return visit. Not wanting to be sexist but it would be particularly uncomfortable and unhygenic and possibly dangerous for ladies to have to use that facility if game days fell on certain times of the month!

I know I, and my female friends, would be more than happy to pay for the use of a properly maintained toilet, either per-visit or just a general increase in the walk-on fee to cover it. Other sites I have visited have had clean toilets, some even with proper running water and hand-dryers. Some have even had mens and ladies seperate cubicles!

I know there are many reasons why this might not be considered a big issue, but to me it is the biggest failure of the site. It will seriously put my friends off visiting, and I feel slightly put out that the boys at least have the option of going outside!

I hope this can be addressed at some point - I am not wanting to start an argument about how female soldiers, etc, have to cope - I am not a soldier, I'm just someone who wants to run around with toy guns and shoot at people in a non-lethal manner, then go home to my nice warm house and snuggly bed!

Sorry to have to bring this up, and sorry to play the 'female' card, I am sure many of the guys would agree with me on this, but are far too manly to say anything! So consider it a favor :)
When the time comes to document what we did here, the transcription won't really be that hard...

Offline Titan

• DV Marshal
    • View Profile
Re: "Toilets"
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 09:16:13 pm »
Thanks for your feedback Laura, I'll let the management reply to the issue of seperate toilets and the other points you raised.

One thing i would like to point out though is its not an option for the gent to NOT use the toilet (IE going against the nearby building).

This is due to DV being on land that is protected for certain wildlife that inhabits the area.

That said male and female players + Staff should always use the facilities provided (As uncomfortable as that might be in the current state) or you might find yourself in hot water.

Dave.
Zombie Master.

Offline iGeza

• DV Member
  • "Futete, sum draconem"
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Airsoft Gun Reviews
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 09:19:11 pm »
In all my time playing at DV, I've thankfully never had to sit down in that thing. But even without the bush option, guys can stand up to do their number 1's (LIKE A BOSS)!

I would not want to sit down in there.

Check out all my delicious airsoft gun reviews here:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbt6_DwFUe8LJcF237qpX-e9

Offline Scarve

• DV Member
  • Cobalt - C02
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 09:22:26 pm »
In Fairness I've Been dying for a King Duke at DV before but I refuse to sit on the toilet because it is pretty cruzzin' obviously it may be slightly hard to maintain a toilet in a location such as DV where the only thing available is a portable toilet and renting more of them may not be feasible etc etc, but still I agree with the overall point and cleaning it up would be a welcome change :3

Offline Greg

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Wait, what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2011, 09:26:34 pm »
Never really bothered me. But my hatred for spiders has left me in one or two awkward moments. One of them being a spider crawling over my ACH whilst going to business...
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 09:29:37 pm by Greg »
The idiot who got stuck in a thorn bush
C04

Offline backlash13

• DV Member
  • [DATA EXPUNGED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2011, 09:27:46 pm »
Never really bothered me. But my hatred for spiders has left me in one or two awkward moments. One of them being a spider crawling over my helmet whilst going to business...

i think that would freak anyone out  :x

Offline Greg

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Wait, what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2011, 09:29:11 pm »
MICH 2000 helmet you dirty bugger!. Although I did kinda set my self up for that one :facepalm:
The idiot who got stuck in a thorn bush
C04

Offline Kalon

• Elitist Fat Tosser
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dragonvalley.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2011, 09:42:48 pm »
Well i would concur with every word wrote by Laura.

Here lies the problems.....

DV has no running water, I have begged and pleaded with MOD for it but im told we are too far away from the mains supply even thou theres a water butt in the field behind the carpark which has it, i have informed the real reason is that if they supply mains water they will have to test it every week for certain bugs which can make your insides a little funny or at worse kill you.

Money is not the issue either as people know most of the money gets ploughed back into the site and into the staff, we have only put the price up once in the last 3 years and that was to cover the new extra 1/3 of the site.
Theres no way on gods fair earth i would get permission to put in a toilet block :) the  MOD would go bat shit crazy if i told them i was digging up a enough ground to install a cestank and single flushing toilet that works though rain capture i have thought about but  it took me two years to get the extra bit of site and that gives them extra cash.

The cherry on my pie is that its supposed to be serviced evertime we play as it costs us per game to have one there, it does not look like to me that it does or they do a piss poor job.
Heres the rub they are contracted to the whole site so i cant get a different supplier so its their turdis or no turdis. Factor in that squadies use it if they are passing, its in the middle of a landscape which is pretty much untouched by humans for the last 50 years so it can be home to a lot of local wildlife so its a logistical nightmare for us.

Got any ideas?

Jeff

Because we are swat, and our limits differ to what is actually legal.......

Offline mafu10

• DV Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2011, 11:27:03 pm »
Toilette tent and chemical toilette as used in camping by some folks?

Offline stan

• DV Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2011, 11:49:00 pm »
just be glad you never saw the old bog facilities before DV moved into the current safe area. THAT was always a laugh - awesome curtain :)

doesn't everyone just go to McDonalds and dump in there?
Stand Down Sir!

Offline Kalon

• Elitist Fat Tosser
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2011, 11:52:36 pm »
Cleaning it. Was pigpies job :D :D
Because we are swat, and our limits differ to what is actually legal.......

Offline Firkit

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2011, 12:28:17 am »
just be glad you never saw the old bog facilities before DV moved into the current safe area. THAT was always a laugh - awesome curtain :)

Only once did I have to use that thing, I felt very sorry for Phil afterwards. The Turdis is like a breath of slightly less fetid air by comparison. Much better than the toilets with running water that I used at another site; the running water was running down the wall and across the floor, and I had to keep kicking dead mice out of the cubicle. In the dark.

Offline Monkfish

• DV Member
  • Expert shit shoveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2011, 12:28:52 am »
I have to admit, the toilet is fair disgusting. Thankfully, I've never needed a sit-down job in there (my guts seem to go on strike whenever I'm in a situation where I'd rather not use the facilities!) but I don't much like the idea of possibly having to use it one day. McDonald's breakfast will certainly catch me out at some point.

Well i would concur with every word wrote by Laura.

Here lies the problems.....

DV has no running water, I have begged and pleaded with MOD for it but im told we are too far away from the mains supply even thou theres a water butt in the field behind the carpark which has it, i have informed the real reason is that if they supply mains water they will have to test it every week for certain bugs which can make your insides a little funny or at worse kill you.

Money is not the issue either as people know most of the money gets ploughed back into the site and into the staff, we have only put the price up once in the last 3 years and that was to cover the new extra 1/3 of the site.
Theres no way on gods fair earth i would get permission to put in a toilet block :) the  MOD would go bat shit crazy if i told them i was digging up a enough ground to install a cestank and single flushing toilet that works though rain capture i have thought about but  it took me two years to get the extra bit of site and that gives them extra cash.

The cherry on my pie is that its supposed to be serviced evertime we play as it costs us per game to have one there, it does not look like to me that it does or they do a piss poor job.
Heres the rub they are contracted to the whole site so i cant get a different supplier so its their turdis or no turdis. Factor in that squadies use it if they are passing, its in the middle of a landscape which is pretty much untouched by humans for the last 50 years so it can be home to a lot of local wildlife so its a logistical nightmare for us.

Got any ideas?

Jeff
Are there any drains or sewage pipes near to the Safe Zone? I would have thought so, some of the other buildings (Ramp and HQ off the top of my head) have toilets in them even though they're out of use. If so, then a normal flush toilet using rainwater would do the trick. The MOD might not have such a hissy fit if you suggested something that would cost them nothing to install. Failing that, the best option would be a chemical toilet as already suggested, although the question then would be how to empty it. Campsites have special drains/tanks for that stuff.
If it moves, shoot it.
If it doesn't move, shoot at it until it does.

Offline Malice

• DV Marshal
  • King Thread Derailer! :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2011, 09:14:22 am »
My wife hates the turdis as well, anyone got a caravan or camper they could bring to site?
1x Upgraded JG G36c - 1x DE Tri-Barrel Shotty - 1x KSC Glock 17 - 1x HFC Glock 17

Offline Firkit

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2011, 09:59:13 am »
One immediately thinks that if anyone had then the last thing they would want is 100 well fed airsofters with muddy boots taking a shit in it.