My parents wouldnt let me use the toilet in the van when we were camping ever

Offline Nikki

• Colour Sergeant
  • Rich and ecentric can be mutually exclusive
    • View Profile
Re: "Toilets"
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2011, 11:38:49 am »
My parents wouldnt let me use the toilet in the van when we were camping ever

can't blame them...as soon as mine are out of nappies I never intend to have anything to do with their motions again, ever.
Mr Kipling can kiss my @rse :)

Offline pigpie

• DV Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2011, 11:43:54 am »
Cleaning the old shitter was the worst job I've ever had..

Even worse that sucking out the still wriggling insides of hung up turkeys with a vacuum cleaner pipe up their jacksies on a turkey farm.

Anyway, I digress. What about hiring two, and having a ladies and gents at least?
Amongst you.

Offline Monkfish

• DV Member
  • Expert shit shoveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2011, 12:07:29 pm »
Now that I'm not tired and have a bit more bothered, I've done a bit of thinking/Googlebashing...

A small shed could be built (or purchased) that contains a chemical toilet, a small sink attached to the wall that has running water fed from a rainwater filled Water Butt that runs through a water filter.

A toilet of that size with a waste tank capacity of 20 litres is good for about 50 uses. Probably not enough for a full DV day, although I suppose two could be used. The alternative would be a chemical toilet that empties into a suitable storage tank, although how it's emptied and re-filled would be something to consider. The water coming out of the tap is likely to not be suitable for drinking but would be more than suitable for washing one's hands.

As for location, somewhere near the Safe Zone would be ideal, possibly around the back.  The top level of the Safe Zone has a broken drainpipe that pours water all over the floor when it rains. That alone would quickly fill up a water butt and a few downpipes later, you'd have a decent feed for the water butt (which would have to be above the sink to make it gravity fed, but that shouldn't be much of a hardship.

If it moves, shoot it.
If it doesn't move, shoot at it until it does.

Offline coops

• DV Marshal
  • In Arduis Fidelis
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2011, 12:44:17 pm »
Now that I'm not tired and have a bit more bothered, I've done a bit of thinking/Googlebashing...

A small shed could be built (or purchased) that contains a chemical toilet, a small sink attached to the wall that has running water fed from a rainwater filled Water Butt that runs through a water filter.

A toilet of that size with a waste tank capacity of 20 litres is good for about 50 uses. Probably not enough for a full DV day, although I suppose two could be used. The alternative would be a chemical toilet that empties into a suitable storage tank, although how it's emptied and re-filled would be something to consider. The water coming out of the tap is likely to not be suitable for drinking but would be more than suitable for washing one's hands.

As for location, somewhere near the Safe Zone would be ideal, possibly around the back.  The top level of the Safe Zone has a broken drainpipe that pours water all over the floor when it rains. That alone would quickly fill up a water butt and a few downpipes later, you'd have a decent feed for the water butt (which would have to be above the sink to make it gravity fed, but that shouldn't be much of a hardship.

now we could go 5-6 games in the summer with absolutley no rain inbetween, with only 50 flushes wed have to manually fill up and its long enough getting water for the urn in the mornings without making 10 trips to fill the bog
1x WE L85A2 1x TM SIG 552
1x CA MP5SD6 1x CA M4
1x WE 1911 MEU

Offline Firkit

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dragonvalley.co.uk
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2011, 12:48:22 pm »
Anything that needs water is a bad idea, and 100+ people go to the bog a fair bit more than 50 times in a day so we'd need multiple bogs, and then where do we empty them to and who does the emptying? I stayed in school so that I wouldn't have to do that sort of thing!

Offline Shafter

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2011, 02:30:51 pm »
Not trying to sound crass, and a quick fix Shepee's (ala glastonbury/festivals) would sort out 1 of the 3 issues maybe.
The sit down issue would be resolved.

Offline Kalon

• Elitist Fat Tosser
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2011, 02:48:54 pm »
This is Kath, Jeff's Wife and the site Health and Safety Officer. I also had the dubious pleasure of being the Safety, Health and Environmental Person for the whole of Caerwent and a few other MOD sites for 7 years so know a fair bit about Caerwent and the MOD policies and history etc.
1) The military have a contract with Eagle plant for the portaloos. No other contractors are allowed to put portaloos on the site so that is not an option.
2) As Caerwent has various rare spieces and SSSIs on it and very little money to spend the chances of getting the MOD to put in a toilet block is pretty much zero.
3) Although the buildings used to have toilets the pipes that connected them have been dug up along with all the electrical cables as part of a program to prevent people falling down the 20ft holes that would occasionally appear by the manholes and the scrap was used to fund various other projects.
4) Having done the paperwork to get the sheep stop put in which is to the ight and behind the safezone area I know there is no way they will consider even extending the pipe line down to the portaloo area (just to get that sheep stop in took many weeks of work and I had to crawl on my hands and knees in front of the digger to remove certain spieces of animal and plants to a safe place - that was a fun job!)

I am curious as to where various people play though as when we first set up Dragon Valley before we had our son I would go with Jeff to various other sites and I cannot remember one that had the sorts of toilet facilities that people are talking about. I remember other portaloos filled with spiders, holes in the ground with a bench over it and some sites where it was find a bush! Maybe I need to start going to visit other sites again. I certainly dont find the toilet in DV any worse than the portaloos in any festival I have been to!

The only avenue open to us is to harass the portaloo provider and encourage them to change the portaloo to a new one - we would not be allowed multiple ones unless we doubled the number of players we currently have (another strange rule linked to the site). We will of course do this; but I think that we will never have a sparkling clean toilet due to the very nature of the site - squaddies, airsofters and the various wild creatures that all frequent the portaloo will never allow it.

Hope this helps explain some of the issues we have

Regards

Kath x
Because we are swat, and our limits differ to what is actually legal.......

Offline Reppyboyo

• DV Member
  • Resident Gasser
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2011, 03:46:23 pm »
Could always buy one of these for yourselves:
http://www.firebox.com/product/2351/Shit-Box

Even comes in camo!

Offline Shafter

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2011, 03:52:19 pm »
Could always buy one of these for yourselves:
http://www.firebox.com/product/2351/Shit-Box

Even comes in camo!

Hah comes in camo as well

Offline Hitman

• DV Member
  • 640509-040147
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2011, 06:35:04 pm »
Are there any sewers/runoff in the safe zone?

Rather than build a shed, could it be possible to purchase 1 or 2 portable toilets and plumb them in to said water tank/sewer/runoff combo - might lose a little but of the open air seating area in the safezone though.
Do us a favor... I know it's difficult for you... but please, stay here, and try not to do anything... stupid.

Offline Laura

• Lance Corporal
    • View Profile
    • Bullet Hell
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2011, 10:28:39 pm »
Well, thank you to the people who have replied seriously, I am glad I am not the only one who has an issue with it.
I don't think it's really appropriate to name drop other airsoft sites on this forum, so I haven't mentioned names, but ones with flushing loos do indeed exist. Also I don't think having to ask someone to drive me to McDonalds is really a viable option!

I will become toilet monitor and clean the thing myself if you let me play at the site for free ;)
When the time comes to document what we did here, the transcription won't really be that hard...

Offline Nikki

• Colour Sergeant
  • Rich and ecentric can be mutually exclusive
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2011, 11:11:28 pm »
I will become toilet monitor and clean the thing myself if you let me play at the site for free ;)

be careful what you wish for, otherwise David Bowie will descend upon you bearing a bog brush (never mind Laberynth...meet Lavatory)  :D
Mr Kipling can kiss my @rse :)

Offline Stodgey

• DV Member
  • Steel Wolves
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2011, 11:14:25 pm »
For an instant solution, Imodium to stop number 2 and a she wee for number 1? Far from ideal but you stay out of the turdis while things are being looked at.

Also what happened to the loo block we had for tci? The big shed thing outside the sleep building and the wasp infested burger van.
It's funny because it's true + The truth hurts = It's funny because it hurts!

Offline Kalon

• Elitist Fat Tosser
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2011, 11:26:58 pm »
Now fairs  fair i admit there are sites out there with flushing loos but im betting they are all CQB sites with lots of buildings which have been mothballed or are renting off money making EDIT: activity reserved for those lacking the intelligence and honesty for airsoft, and Dulux fetishists sites.
Im sure that zero of the site with flushing loos downgrades guns while you wait for 10 quid for charity or fixes your kit for cost plus the charity donation so dragonvalley is not all bad.
As you stated in your first post "your sorry to play the female card" im sorry that im playing the "dont get many girls" card in our defense BUT your concerns have been noticed and there will be a marked inprovement in the Turdis in the next few weeks. i do have one piece of advice thou, never go and play airsoft in france!!!!!!

The toilet block is static and at the other end of the site and you dont know how much i had to beg to get the key stodgey.

regards

Jeff
Because we are swat, and our limits differ to what is actually legal.......