Author Topic: A new motor.... But which one!?  (Read 3624 times) Share

Offline Whitefang

• DV Member
    • View Profile
A new motor.... But which one!?
« on: February 28, 2012, 10:40:46 pm »
As the title says really! I'm looking for a new motor for my G&G GR16 M4 as I'd like something with a higher ROF I find the current one a bit sluggish on semi. I've seen a JBU high speed motor and it seems pretty decent! Really though I'm after some advice on what you guys have found to be good! My budget ideally is around £50 but that could change depending on the options available to me in that bracket!

Thanks guys :)

Adam
I love the smell of Napalm in the morning.

Offline Scarve

• DV Member
  • Cobalt - C02
    • View Profile
Re: A new motor.... But which one!?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 11:25:30 pm »
G&P M120, G&P M180(Satan), Systema Turbo and the Tokyo Marui EG30000 are my recommendations :>

Offline cat182

• DV Marshal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 11:28:33 pm »
shs high torque bout £30 on ebay
The enemy is pretty much anyone who's going to get you killed, no matter what side he's on.....

Offline LtMeatloaf

• DV Member
  • Toujours Fidele
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 11:30:24 pm »
I'd say m120 as unless you want to upgrade the G&G standard brass bushings to hardier ones stuff like the satan and what not might be abit crazy besides the m1290 gives a pretty awesome rof anyway.

Offline couger-w

• DV Marshal
  • I am the man with no name!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 11:37:43 pm »
SHS stuff aint too brilliant have had 3 pistons and 2 sets of bearings of theirs dye toooooo quickly

What battery are you using? if its an 8.4 try a 9.6 cheaper alternative first then try the motor second

Offline cat182

• DV Marshal
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 01:07:42 am »
Yea the gears and bushes are naff but their motors are surprisingly good and a lot cheaper than the g&p
The enemy is pretty much anyone who's going to get you killed, no matter what side he's on.....

Offline Whitefang

• DV Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 08:36:32 am »
It's a 9.6v I'm using currently but I just find the response to be sluggish on semi, I've seen a few SHS motors on eBay but they all seem to be the standard versions can't find a high torque long shaft variant :( I'm gonna check out some of the G&P stuff too it's mainly cost when deciding between these coz I don't see the point in spending like £80 for a motor in a gun that only cost me £110 to begin with! Just seems like false economy to me.

Offline stewpidbear

• DV Member
  • Steel Wolves........a bear in wolf's clothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 11:37:30 am »
A G&P M120 motor will cost at the most £30 delivered from HK ebay shops.
Remember we have the right to arm bears!

Offline cat182

• DV Marshal
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2012, 11:51:25 am »
But most of the eBay shops say that they won't have any print on them so it may not be a g&p motor

Offline stewpidbear

• DV Member
  • Steel Wolves........a bear in wolf's clothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2012, 12:15:07 pm »
Well the last 6 i have bought all had 'print' and full G&P trades on them and performed as they should.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/G-P-M120-High-Speed-Motor-LONG-Airsoft-AEG-GP561-/320855489567?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ab47a3c1f

Edit for link
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 12:17:13 pm by stewpidbear »
Remember we have the right to arm bears!

Offline cat182

• DV Marshal
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2012, 01:01:25 pm »
I was just saying be carefull that's all

Offline Hitman

• DV Member
  • 640509-040147
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2012, 07:27:24 pm »
Stupid question but only ask as this was the issue my newly purchased SRC M4 had - the motor tension wasn't set correctly (too tight) and my ROF was awful, adjusted it and now I'm happy :)
Do us a favor... I know it's difficult for you... but please, stay here, and try not to do anything... stupid.

Offline Whitefang

• DV Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2012, 07:37:40 pm »
Stupid question but only ask as this was the issue my newly purchased SRC M4 had - the motor tension wasn't set correctly (too tight) and my ROF was awful, adjusted it and now I'm happy :)

Ummmmmmm........................... I'm not really sure how to tell that sorry!! I'm not all that great with the mechanics of a gun.....I don't mind changing a motor as its quite straight forward but I didn't know they had tensions!!!

Offline Scarve

• DV Member
  • Cobalt - C02
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2012, 11:08:16 pm »
Its the Screw on the bottom of the pistol grip dude :P

Offline Hitman

• DV Member
  • 640509-040147
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2012, 08:11:25 am »
Ummmmmmm........................... I'm not really sure how to tell that sorry!! I'm not all that great with the mechanics of a gun.....I don't mind changing a motor as its quite straight forward but I didn't know they had tensions!!!

On the underside of the pistol grip you will have some screws - the one in the middle (for some its a screw, for me it was a hex grub screw) adjusts the height, if you loosen the screw the motor moves downwards, tighten and it moves upwards.

I might not be 100% here but my instruction book basically said loosen until when firing it sounds like it's whining, then slowly tighten until the whining stops - but hopefully someone with a little more gun knowledge will be along to correct me if I'm wrong.
Do us a favor... I know it's difficult for you... but please, stay here, and try not to do anything... stupid.

Offline Whitefang

• DV Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2012, 08:14:37 am »
well that makes me feel like a total idiot -.- at least its a simple job! :p and now I know how to do it!! :p will check it later on today! :)

Offline Hitman

• DV Member
  • 640509-040147
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2012, 12:42:49 pm »
well that makes me feel like a total idiot -.- at least its a simple job! :p and now I know how to do it!! :p will check it later on today! :)

I didn't know about it until I questioned why the ROF on my gun was poorer than expected - tis my first AEG so there is a learning curve.