Author Topic: Chinese Clones  (Read 62318 times) Share

Offline metalboa

• DV Member
  • DV's resident reptile expert.
    • View Profile
Re: Chinese Clones
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2007, 09:44:04 pm »
Its just a shame I have to work this sunday otherwise we could compare it to my stock tm m14  :D

Owell there is always the 25th  :D

Offline CyALuME

• DV Marshal
  • Commiter of the immortal sin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2007, 02:52:10 am »
Well of course it's gonna fall to bits I own it so I dont need any tissues Dave I'll just need tissues to wipe away the teas of joy it lasted for a day IF it lasts that long lol but keeping that in mind the only perfect gun I have it my Tokyo Marui G36 :) nothing can ever replace that in terms of reliability and power  :D

If my M14 makes it to the 25th then we'll do a comparison in terms of performance then Metal but till them it's gotta survive the 11th :)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 02:54:21 am by CyALuME »

Offline couger-w

• DV Marshal
  • I am the man with no name!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2007, 07:07:35 pm »
looks like its managed to get through the 11th ok m8

Offline metalboa

• DV Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2007, 07:25:20 pm »
Looks like we shall be doing that now  :D just booked me and my bro in for the 25th  :tu:

Offline CyALuME

• DV Marshal
  • Commiter of the immortal sin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2007, 07:28:10 pm »
Huzza!!  :D

SHREKKIE

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2007, 09:03:51 pm »
CYMA CM-031 (AK74) review:

P&P
---
 The rifle arrived 7days after ordering which was on the Friday night so it was pretty quick
to get here from HK. The box was very well wrapped and took me a good 5 mins to remove all the
packaging. Postage cost me ?35 so worked out at approx ?80 for the rifle which is very good, and
for that price you'd probably expect something dodgy.

First Impressions:
------------------
 First thing i did notice was the box was quite heavy which suprised me with the rifle being plastic.
After getting the packaging off i opened the box up to see what kit came with the rifle. In the box
i had the hi cap mag, battery, charger, inctruction booklet, sling and a small bag of bb's.
 The rifle it's self was superb, very well finished and looks great. In comparision on visuals alone
you could not tell it apart from the CA SLR 104. The rifle also felt quite heafty and the foregrip area
seems weighted which gives it a very nice sturdy feel to it. The stock feels good and has a better way
of getting to the battery compartment than on the CA. The CA you had to unscrew the butt plate to get
the compartment open, but on the CYMA it has a slide cover very much like the TM MP5A4/SD5. It is a
good idea but does feel a tiny bit loose and if your running around alot in woodland i'd suggest adding
a bit of tape across the bottom just to make sure you don't loose it.
 The rifle detail is great, thje forgrip is identical to the CA and although the body is plastic it
does feel very strong.
  The battery compartment can just squeeze in a fat 8.4 3700mah battery. Downside the rifle connectors
are the same as the mini battery rifles so you will need a small female to large male connector lead
which can be picked up from most airsoft dealers.
 The magazine is fantastic, next to the CA there is no difference at all, ver well made and has a strong
wheel and winds very nicely indeed.
 Also found that the top part of the rifle is infact metal and not palstic as i first thought, with the
full metal iron sights it adds a bit more weight to the overall package. The sling is a simple 2 point
sling which does the job and save's having to go out and buy one. The charger is the 2 pronged HK one so
not much use for me.

Firing and feeding:
-------------------
 Filled the mag aobut half way and wound it up till i got a click nice smooth fill not noisy clunk and
it felt nice and solid when winding. The magwell is nice and tight and the mag fits in very well with
no wobble at all. As with the CA i had i hav exactly the same small fault with the mag release switch,
the pin that goes through is loose and could use a bit of supergluse to keep it in place and not loose
it. The hop up is nice and easy to get too, the cocking handle feels nice and smooth and doesn't feel
flimsy. The grip is stong and feels well made the whole thing does have a really nice feel to it without
any creaks.
  Using the battery supplied as the 8.4 3700mah i got will not fit the rifles connectors, i have ordered
the right one so shouldn't be too long. First burst was very impressive, the grouping was tight at 10m
and the cut right through the cardboard. The trigger is made from metal and does feel nice and strong.
 the ROF fire on the 1200mah was still quite impressive, i can say on the 3700 it will be very close to
the CA's ROF.
 Fired off around 200 shots and had no miss-fires, the gearbox sounds very nice and got no wayward shots
or stuck bb's. The motor sounds good, and doesn't knock in the grip like other rifles. Single shot was
impressive too a full piston cycle and perfect shot on the car in the same spot after each shot.

Overall Impression:
-------------------
 This is a cracking rifle, quality is up there with TM and CA and overall build is very impressive indeed.
The hop is good but possibly could be better with a metal hop, and if you do that you'll need a new
barrel too as the one that is with the CYMA only will fit with the CYMA hop unit. Feel and weight very
good and i'm glad i got this rifle now. There are only a couple of tiny niggles which are:
1: Small battery connectors in the stock
2: Mag release pin loose (same fault i had with the CA SLR 104)
3 Butt peice little bit loose

Other than that i rate it: 9/10

Offline metalboa

• DV Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2007, 10:24:59 pm »
Very nice review mate  :D

Cant wait for the 25th to see this in action  :tu:

Offline Winter Man

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2007, 10:30:56 pm »
I should have my new SCAR in a week, so expect a review for that.

Boooom headshot!

Offline couger-w

• DV Marshal
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2007, 12:23:15 am »
i should av ad mine by now as i ordered it middle of january and gunner is so slow never buy off him again i might just pay that little more for the stuff of RSOV bit more but got shipped within 12 hours of paying for it

Offline Winter Man

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2007, 10:59:29 am »
I've had really fast responses from gunner so far. I think it's because of this sudden boom in cheapsofting that he's swamped with orders. He's probably making more off the chinese clones than off the regular guns.

Boooom headshot!

Offline couger-w

• DV Marshal
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2007, 12:04:36 pm »
it took him 4 days to confirm my order another 6 days t confirm payment then 6 days to ship and following 2 days to tell me my trackin number which was a copy and paste of sumone else with no tracking number been like 6 days and 4 emails for me to get a responce on my trackin number which was tell me ur details and i will c and now nothing

RSOV sent an enquirey about sum guns weather they b TM compatable and within 20mins had reply and same day order and shipped with trackin number in a few hours just took for ever for the parcel to arive in uk and now in transit BLODY SNOW :( me wanty guns

Offline Winter Man

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2007, 06:03:41 pm »
My order was confirmed within the hour. I haven't had payment confirmation yet, but it'll still be night over in HK.

Boooom headshot!

Offline couger-w

• DV Marshal
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2007, 06:58:39 pm »
yay my m14 has arived

mmmmmm nice

and wow its got sum power

Offline Junoske

• Corporal
  • Quit your jibba jabba!
    • View Profile
    • Cougar Assault Team
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2007, 07:10:09 pm »
i wanted to get the agm m14 but i heard problems about the shimming spring guide and the hop up moves every 5 mins so i decided not to tho let me know how it goes n i might have to purchase myself one
Shoot First Ask Questions Later

Offline The Jackal

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2007, 09:24:43 pm »
will you be using it on the 25th?
Long live the M14 brotherhood!