Author Topic: Chinese Clones  (Read 62327 times) Share

Offline couger-w

• DV Marshal
  • I am the man with no name!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Chinese Clones
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2007, 09:25:30 pm »
well yes there is a problem with the hop unit in that the hop adjusment screw is to shrt for what it needs to be a small peice of plasic sorts this

i aint stripped the gear box yet i am gonna wait to see it it dies a spectacular death but from testing the smiming as i have been told by many ppl who work on gearboxes mine seems to be shimed corectly but its a chines clone after all and quality control is a monkey in a white coat.

mine wasnt built properly as the top receiver hadnt been placed into the frame properly but that was easily sorted and the pin that holds the outer barrel inplace to the hop unit/ inner barrel had snapped but thats easily sorted with supa glue or arildite

its got a nice punch easily peircing a can and causing a nice hole the other side just need to find somewhere to test the range

down fall is that the barrel and hop might not be TM compatable as the locating lugs for the hop locking tab are not as deep on the barrel as they are on TM stadard barrels (but i dont know if this is the same on the TM gun)

Offline couger-w

• DV Marshal
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2007, 09:25:59 pm »
i should be at the game on the 25th aslong as i can get transport

Offline Junoske

• Corporal
  • Quit your jibba jabba!
    • View Profile
    • Cougar Assault Team
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2007, 09:39:43 pm »
kewl cya there
Shoot First Ask Questions Later

Offline couger-w

• DV Marshal
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2007, 11:22:56 pm »
update also gotta change the poles around on the connector if u are lazy like me and cant be arsed lookin for an adaptor for the charger or even want to use ur original batteries

Offline evilmike

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • dirka dirka
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2007, 10:35:55 am »
mp40 is here dam gd looking beast, just aslong as it works ok now :)
STAND DOWN SIR!!

Offline couger-w

• DV Marshal
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2007, 06:29:24 pm »
yay my scar is due the 15th

Offline The Jackal

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2007, 07:06:52 pm »
can't wait to see these clones performing :) roll on 25th :D
Long live the M14 brotherhood!

Offline metalboa

• DV Member
  • DV's resident reptile expert.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2007, 09:17:02 pm »
About bloody time to i say coug  :tu:

Offline couger-w

• DV Marshal
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2007, 10:05:56 am »
yay a scar l cheapsoft lol

nice  and its shimmed properly cant say much for the gear grease used apart from where is it lol also sorta has metal bushing in mine but only on the sector gear and the first gear which is weird, hop unit is a bit sensative it goes from only about 20foot range to around 80-100foot with the smallest of touches unlike ll other hops i ever seen

would all u gotta do is slap a standard TM barrel in it and a new hop buckin to start with . oh and actualy unscreww all the screws take the body completly apart re-route all the wiring and stick it back to gether as the chnes seem to slap it together (must be on comission for produing lods) as all the screws were loose on mine along with a few alignment problems.

Its punching into a poor mans chrono nicely with a nice sized crack on the other side too  :D

Offline Titan

• DV Marshal
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2007, 05:47:59 pm »
Man am glad i paid a bit extra for a gun that actually works when you take it out of the box.

Imagine buying a car where the wheels are nackered.. theres no oil in enginer, the axle needs changing oh and the welds are like paper stuck together with toffee.. You'd laugh the salesman in the face. Yet people are happy to buy these bags of crap.

if you have to do work on ANYTHING you buy to make it function as it is sold. (IE the sales of goods act) its not doing what its supposed to and hence you are buying substandard goods.
Zombie Master.

Offline couger-w

• DV Marshal
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2007, 06:01:31 pm »
scar runs lovely i stuck a longer barrel in it as its a short barrel thats all

and the m14 i put a decent hop rubber in thats all

both have metal bushing both gear boxes are running nice and oth are up in the 300fps range

when it comes to cheap clones u gotta do a little work on them to get it to run as well as TM or CA and in the long run u do get as good a gun for a hell of a lot less

look at the scar its cost me ?95 plus a hop rubber from a tokyo gun that i had to replace the hop unit in so the scar has cost me ?95 how much is the CA version ?329 hmmmmm i can break a few gears b4 i have spent as much on that as i would just getting the CA scar and having to tinker with it as CA tend to break

my M14 cost ?106 with postage and 2 spare mags i put a new hop buckin in that as it was too soft and wasnt adjusting propery again i can break a few bits b4 i have spent as much as it would have cost me for a TM version

so i dont mind if it breaks as it willl have better parts put in when it does meaning it will last just as long as a tm in the end and for 2/3rds the cost
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 06:15:47 pm by couger-w »

Offline Nightwish

• Colour Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2007, 06:36:16 pm »
you'll end up building a TM gun piece by piece, trust me.

cheap knock offs really are shoddy, i've now to date seen 3 knock offs ( a cyma, both elephant and an academy ) fail on thier first morning... MORNING they didnt even make it through the 3-4 morning games before the campaign starts, and if you dont have a backup aeg, or money to rent from DV if theres one free... you're screwed. I did the repair on the Academy one switching in parts to replace the broken bits and i was apalled by the build quality. Roughly cast alluminium parts, unfinished plastic, bad moulding etc.

you really are better off buying TM or ICS ( pref TM ) brand new for peace of mind and quality.  You canm guarantee then that under normal skirmish use, unless you dive onto the gun or drop it repeatedly, thier bomb proof by comparison.

Dont buy crap, spend money fitting the same parts the quality ones have as standard, and then have to replace pieces all the time as they fail, eventually building the same as the quality gun from scratch.
Retired DV Marshal from the days of yore....

Offline couger-w

• DV Marshal
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2007, 07:07:41 pm »
like i keep saying i aint had a problem with a cheap knock off yet my aim m4 is running like a treat so far and the scar actualy has metal bushing fitted

Offline Winter Man

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2007, 07:10:10 pm »
My SCAR should be here sometime this week. In black, too! I'll probably be along on the 25th if it comes before then, so I can compare it to yours (buying a new hop unit and installing an MBA shark).

Boooom headshot!

Offline metalboa

• DV Member
  • DV's resident reptile expert.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2007, 07:29:33 pm »
My both elephant xm8 managed to last the day on its first outting  :D
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 07:49:43 pm by metalboa »