Author Topic: Battlefield 4....  (Read 2661 times) Share

Offline kiwi 118

• DV Member
    • View Profile
Battlefield 4....
« on: May 05, 2012, 01:23:23 pm »
just my thoughts on where the franchaise should go next, would love to see it go back to good ol' WW2 , limiting the upgrades to historical availibility on weapons , vehicles and aircraft AND upping the player numbers to 16 a-side...storming the beachea of Omaha as an engineer with satchel charges and bangalore torpedos some how appeals very very much to me..!!!! so what do you think am interested to know..???

Offline FakeMessiah

• DV Member
  • Dead Player - FakeMessiah/Bieber
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Drum Cover Channel
Re: Battlefield 4....
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 01:52:09 pm »
Don't think they'd go back to WW2. That setting for games seem to have died out with a few odd exceptions such as Sniper Elite. Though there are rumours after an easter egg in Back to Karkand that they will be making a 2143, which wouldn't surprise me much if true, but would certainly be awesome.

Offline Hitman

• DV Member
  • 640509-040147
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 05:42:24 pm »
We had this chat in work on Friday and were wondering if the next Battlefield will be Bad Company based?

I'd like to see some massive maps (much bigger than current) with a fair few vehicles but also the ability to do private matches.
Do us a favor... I know it's difficult for you... but please, stay here, and try not to do anything... stupid.

Offline Greg

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Wait, what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 01:55:23 pm »
Giving that Battlefield 3 is still making saled globally like BF2 was there wont be another BF for a loooong while. Most likely one of their sub BF series' like MoH and stuff will be their aim now. As for BF:BC I think its stuffed, nobody bothers with it anymore and most are feeling the story is farting out.
The idiot who got stuck in a thorn bush
C04

Offline FakeMessiah

• DV Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 07:49:56 pm »
The story in 2 sucked and didn't make sense anyway for Bad Company. How the hell are they suddenly back in the army when they were shown to be running off with a bunch of gold? They had no explanation for it, you were just dropped in. Also not trying to sound like The Joker, but why so serious? The characters in the previous game had personality and I found them really entertaining and funny, and 2 it just went all serious, think I only heard one joke from Haggard. Anyway as you said, won't be a new BF for a while, though I could still expect it to be 2143 when it comes to it.

Offline metalboa

• DV Member
  • DV's resident reptile expert.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 08:00:29 pm »
As long as it carries on kicking cod's ass I dont care  :bravo:

Offline Withard

• Corporal
  • What did you shave with? a toffee hammer? :O
    • View Profile
    • Lasgarn Rangers
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2012, 08:10:28 pm »
Well with Black Ops 2's futuristic setting happening I can now see the BF2143 file being brought out the EA Competative archive.

Sadly and I like BF2143 but its only likely to be used to purely compete and rake in more money. EA are back down in the Activision assholes section AGAIN. No wonder they were voted Worst Company in America.
Withard
G&P M4 Sentry Long Barrel
US Ranger ACU

Offline FakeMessiah

• DV Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2012, 08:33:56 pm »
Agreed 2143 would be made most likely to compete with Black Ops, though it may seem pointless as we can expect a 2143 game to come out for at least a year and a half to two years minimum. Though the little easter egg rumours of a 2143 were out before anything about Black Ops 2 was released, so who knows. EA do tend to suck ass though, yet still manage to make quite a few awesome games.

Offline Robin Hood

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2012, 07:00:49 am »
I personally really enjoyed battlefield 2142. The battlewalkers and hovertank were sweet. Bit of a sci-fi nut too so it really appealed to me. So I really hope they revisit 2142 universe and a do a battlefield 3 type system for 2142. I have heard rumours of a 2143 game name being reserved by EA so I guess watch this space.