Author Topic: Double Eagle M4 Tri-barrled Shotty - any experiences?  (Read 1344 times) Share

Offline pigpie

• DV Member
    • View Profile
Double Eagle M4 Tri-barrled Shotty - any experiences?
« on: May 14, 2012, 01:00:05 pm »
The Double Eagle M55 tri-barreled shotgun. It's £50, what looks like to be a TM M3 Super 90 clone, and according to the online reviews, it's delivers all you'd expect for £50.  :)

However, shotties are fun, challenging to play with (read 'bloody-near-impossible-to-effectively-use-against-an-AEG-toting-team', and would be lots of fun for me, so I thought I'd ask on here if anyone's got any first hand experiences?
Amongst you.

Offline metalboa

• DV Member
  • DV's resident reptile expert.
    • View Profile
Re: Double Eagle M4 Tri-barrled Shotty - any experiences?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 04:41:05 pm »
I use to own the de m1014 version and couldnt fault it  :bravo: even managed to survive a whole hour long regen game with just that.

Wish I hadant of sold it now  :(

Offline Malice

• DV Marshal
  • King Thread Derailer! :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 12:16:51 pm »
I have one and love it, many a day I have played with just the shotty, it now lives on my back "just in case" especially usefull at the moment as my pistol is not working...
1x Upgraded JG G36c - 1x DE Tri-Barrel Shotty - 1x KSC Glock 17 - 1x HFC Glock 17

Offline the stonemanator

• Regiment Sgt. Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 06:13:49 pm »
any shotty is so much more satisfiying to use as you pick your shots more and kills are more challengeing but feel much better to yourself

Offline pigpie

• DV Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 08:35:40 am »
ordered. I'll blame the lotta you if it's plop...  :laughsoutloud:
Amongst you.

Offline pigpie

• DV Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 08:23:57 am »
Just a quick post to say the DE shotty arrived. Build quality appears solid (metal outer barrel, all parts that are metal on the TM version copied over in good quality metal here etc). Appears to chrono roughly around 270 ish. Fires reliably, and looks like it will hold up for a good amount of use.

Only thing if anyones thinking of getting one, you do need to put a little silicone oil in the shells to get them to feed first time round, but after that , they appear to feed very well.

For £50 from Wolf Armouries, you can't go wrong for a spring shotty..
Amongst you.