Author Topic: To shoot or not to shoot that is the question ?  (Read 4720 times) Share

Offline druid799

• DV Member
  • steel wolves . Sarcasm ? - I'm here to help !
    • View Profile
To shoot or not to shoot that is the question ?
« on: April 14, 2013, 01:41:44 pm »
Right then your moving all 'tactical like ' and you come across a group of the oposition , now were not talking realy close (under the sniper MeR range away) a good few mtrs away but when you do open fire there's a good chance some ones going to get muller'ed due to them being in the way as you go after the other players , when do you stop firing ?
Discus .

Offline iGeza

• DV Member
  • "Futete, sum draconem"
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Airsoft Gun Reviews
Re: To shoot or not to shoot that is the question ?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 01:52:36 pm »

When every target is eliminated.

Check out all my delicious airsoft gun reviews here:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbt6_DwFUe8LJcF237qpX-e9

Offline Greg

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Wait, what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 02:47:21 pm »
Same as above really, it's airsoft. If you come to airsoft and whine for being shot at close range and/or a lot then I sometimes question their though process. I'd say grow a pair. Obviously there is a line, so don't go and say "but what if someone shot you 300 times at close range" or any other absurd counter statement.
The idiot who got stuck in a thorn bush
C04

Offline Scarve

• DV Member
  • Cobalt - C02
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 02:57:06 pm »

When every target is eliminated.

This 100%, bang rule is for pussies

Offline backlash13

• DV Member
  • [DATA EXPUNGED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 03:21:57 pm »
Had the situation in one game in which the objective was to defend the shit pit. Using a support gun I was shooting down the road, when a group of 10 or so made a dash. Ended up hosing them all down, but the problem was, those at the front just stopped, and slowly ambled away, meaning they were still being shot. They then stopped, and turned at me yelling "uhgghghg im hit!", but the point was they were in the way of the 7/8 or so, bunched up behind them.

My thoughts are, if you bunch up, expect to get hosed as you end up in the way of other shots.

Offline iGeza

• DV Member
  • "Futete, sum draconem"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2013, 03:27:53 pm »
This 100%, bang rule is for pussies

True that, although I take a perverse pleasure in using it when there is no bang rule, like last week pressing my pistol to a guys neck and urging him to "Just take the hit".

That memory keeps me warm at night.

Offline druid799

• DV Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2013, 03:45:55 pm »
was shooting down the road, when a group of 10 or so made a dash. Ended up hosing them all down, but the problem was, those at the front just stopped, and slowly ambled away, meaning they were still being shot. They then stopped, and turned at me yelling "uhgghghg im hit!", but the point was they were in the way of the 7/8 or so, bunched up behind them.
Funnily enuf was a similar situation that made me think about this discution , came across a group by the fishing village , bumped a few good bursts from the 249 in to them and the first to be hit just stood there screaming "I'm hit for f**k sake !" Well get out of the bloody way then !

Offline twom

• DV Marshal
  • its easy point n squeezes
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2013, 07:50:53 pm »
you stop when there bleeding ( in igeza case after the first hit !)
life goes around like a wheel sometimes your up and sometimes down but remember your always moving

Offline Firkit

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dragonvalley.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2013, 09:23:18 pm »
I do find it a little annoying when a player gets shot out as the point man of a group and then ambles slowly toward the incoming fire cursing about being shot from all angles. Does said player not expect the attackers to try to take out his team mates too? Or expect that his team mates won't return fire? It is usually simple enough to move to one side of the other, or back off with you hand up, or just get out of the way until it's safe to move. It's not compulsory to take the shortest route back to the safe zone or regen point if that would mean getting right in the way of the game carrying on, and thus result in you getting hosed over and over again.

We do try to direct dead players where possible, but a little common sense is assumed. However wrongly ;)

Offline bulletman

• DV Member
  • I work for Merkel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2013, 11:56:07 am »
I was hosed on the last game day by the cave, even with my arms up they still kept firing, given me one of those ear piercings that you need stretchers for  wasn't happy one little bit  :x given that they could see I was out of the game and they were firing at players behind me who were over 50m away.I was more like 6m from them they were trying to shot through me .I know we use replica firearm to look like the real thing and a real firearm will go through a human body and take out the man behind but not and airsoft weapon .I didn't mind the fact that I was shot but what got me riled up was they didn't stop until I was right by them I shouted at them to stop which  they did as I was so close to them I could of stuck me finger down there barrels .What gets me the most about this is these players are regulars  and even marshal here so now the rules and should have so common sence.After. In the safe zone one of them came over and apologised and told me they were trying to shoot around me by using the wind I said you could see it wasn't working so why didn't they stop especially as I was so close to them I just had a shrug of the shoulders and a sorry again .

I know its annoying when someone walks in front of you but most of the time it can't be helped and to keep shooting someone knowing you haven't got a chance of hit the player behind him as they well out of range makes me ask the question  about some players common sence.
“Every man who wages war believes God is on his side. I'll warrant God should often wonder who is on his.” Oliver Cromwell

Offline druid799

• DV Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2013, 01:24:02 pm »
Now see that is more of an example of being an uter cock and not of having to decide should you or shouldn't you shoot some one !  :wink:
When you come down to it mate some people if they were a stick of rock and you snapped them in half it would say 'T.W.A.T' .

Offline Firkit

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dragonvalley.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2013, 01:48:29 pm »
It's also an example of something we'd like to have heard about on the day. We expect our marshals to set an example when they are playing and that doesn't sound like an example of a good example.

Offline tk8456

• DV Member
  • John Danter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2013, 02:17:09 pm »
You don't stop firing is the short answer.

In CQB I will try and hug a wall or lay down if shot, then slowly walk out when clear to do so.

Some sites state if you're dead you stay in the same spot for a min (but can't block a live team mate)

Swings and round a bouts, but if you're getting LACED by either side, you soon move anyway
Xbox Gamertag TK Tango Sucka

You don't go out looking for a job dressed like that do you, on a weekday?

Offline bulletman

• DV Member
  • I work for Merkel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2013, 03:13:38 pm »
An apology was given and excepted, the one that apologised is a tidy guy and I think he was a little embarrassed  :oops: too. It didn't warrant me taking it any further as an apology was given if he hadn't I more than like would of said something. It didn't spoil may day in anyway and the matter is closed as far as I'm concerned ,mind you he was the only one out of the four to have the decency to find me and apologise .
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 04:56:38 pm by bulletman »
“Every man who wages war believes God is on his side. I'll warrant God should often wonder who is on his.” Oliver Cromwell

Offline iGeza

• DV Member
  • "Futete, sum draconem"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2013, 05:29:15 pm »
There have been occasions where there was either a dead player or marshal in my line of fire and I have had to whistle or shout to catch their attention. Never had a problem there. On the flipside, once I am hit, I don't instantly switch off my situational awareness like some players do. I usually know which route to take back to the SZ, even if I have to backtrack a bit so as not to get in peoples way.

you stop when there bleeding ( in igeza case after the first hit !)

My face really is a BB magnet.