Author Topic: Xbox ONE  (Read 5796 times) Share

Offline FakeMessiah

• DV Member
  • Dead Player - FakeMessiah/Bieber
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Drum Cover Channel
Re: Xbox ONE
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2013, 07:35:22 pm »
Think Sony won E3 the other day, Microsoft shall be feeling the pain. Missed it? Well here's a handy video to sum up why!

Small | Large
!

Offline benjih03

• 2nd Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2013, 03:28:05 pm »
I still think I'll choose the Xbox One over the PS4....Just read this too: http://dispatches.cheatcc.com/dispatches/343?utm_source=zergnet.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_66319#.Ubx30L9QHzI. It probably won't make much difference to anyone's choice but yeah.

EDIT: Found this too. Would this solve the non-backwards compatibility with X360 games for you guys if it's true? http://forums.wpcentral.com/xbox-one/230234-using-hdmi-pass-through-play-xbox-360-via-xbox-one.html
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 05:30:35 pm by benjih03 »

Offline FakeMessiah

• DV Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2013, 05:48:31 pm »
That subscription thing is nothing really to complain about after all they are allowing gamers plus their price tag haha its basically nit-picking.

Offline benjih03

• 2nd Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2013, 06:57:59 pm »
I guess so but don't you think the price tag was inevitable considering that kinect is part of it? They would've had to have cut corners to match the PS4 tag whilst including kinect, something which appears to be central to the entire Xbox One 'experience.' Microsoft have time to change things but I still think it has the potential to be great if they listen to the gamers. On another note, I wonder how many people have non-HDCP compliant TVs.....

Offline iGeza

• DV Member
  • "Futete, sum draconem"
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Airsoft Gun Reviews
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2013, 08:11:46 pm »
Think Sony won E3 the other day, Microsoft shall be feeling the pain. Missed it? Well here's a handy video to sum up why!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=71H69yDZ6W4#!

Frankly, I don't give a shit which console is 'better', but this is hilarious.

Check out all my delicious airsoft gun reviews here:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbt6_DwFUe8LJcF237qpX-e9

Offline Vielwerth

• DV Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2013, 10:49:39 pm »
Read that first article.

I’m certainly not complaining. After all, the aforementioned benefits that PS+ provides—not to mention the instant game collection—far outweigh the subscription fee. Literally, they’re worth more. In fact, even knowing that PS+ is now all but required, the only people who seem to be complaining are the Microsoft fans who are desperate for something derogatory to latch onto.

:D

Also, regarding Kinect, while it is right and proper for the Xbone to be more expensive because it includes Kinect, you don't get a choice with regards to if you want it or not.
If you don't want the big sentient all-pervasive data-mining camera with your Xbone, tough, you MUST have it if you want an Xbone. You don't get the choice to pay less and not have Kinect.
So the PS4 being cheaper IS a win for Sony.

Also, having an Xbox 360 hooked up to your Xbox One to solve the non-compatibility of the Xbox One is hilarious.

Offline benjih03

• 2nd Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2013, 01:13:31 am »
I may well be looking for something to latch onto here :x Like I said, Microsoft has got time to alter things and who knows, they may be forced to sell kinect-less consoles if the masses shun the Xbone as predicted thus far. I think I'll end up going for it instead of the PS4, I don't really know why if I'm honest, maybe I'm just being more optimistic about it than the masses :facepalm:

Offline FakeMessiah

• DV Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2013, 05:47:32 pm »
Frankly, I don't give a shit which console is 'better', but this is hilarious.

Agreed, but I enjoy the debates about it just as hilarious. That video had me in tears however :') I think this picture perfectly sums up my stance on this entire issue.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Darkel

• DV Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2013, 10:51:44 pm »
http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update 
People say its being called the xbox 180  :laughsoutloud:

Offline Imw10

• Raw Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2013, 11:01:24 pm »
Meh, buy a £600 gaming PC and get a controller if u don't like keyboard and mouse, there you have it a 1080p gaming platform unlike Xbox tht is 720p and play it at double the fps (frames per second)  :D
Who needs Xbox when you can have a PC, also u don't have to have a kinetic perving on you 24/7

Offline Baby Buster

• DV Marshal
  • DV's Resident suicide missionary
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2013, 12:27:31 am »
If you haven't seen....

http://guardianlv.com/2013/11/microsoft-bans-users-after-early-shipment-of-xbox-one/

Also, if you are stuck for choices and don't fancy a PC, most Game stores in wales are having display cabinets installed into stores for both PS4 and XBOX1.
Far as I'm aware, Port Talbot has it installed, Newport, surely Cardiff would have it now and one of the Game stores in Cwmbran has one too (one by David Evans). Though the other store in Cwmbran (the one I work in by boots) has had theirs postponed for the time being too.
Also, CoD: Ghosts is £60 on PS4 and perhaps the same on xbox so on that basis I'm out - I begrudge paying £45 a game as it is so the price hike has turned me off it for the time being, and I'll just end up continuing with the 360 and PC until I decide to buy one.
Contact Airsoft UK - Admin

Into video game reviews? Watch this space!