Author Topic: Red Cross calling for ROE in video games. All of the wut...  (Read 1408 times) Share

Offline FakeMessiah

• DV Member
  • Dead Player - FakeMessiah/Bieber
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Drum Cover Channel
Red Cross calling for ROE in video games. All of the wut...
« on: September 29, 2013, 04:09:25 pm »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24318061

So a friend just showed me this. Apparently the Red Cross seriously wants to start enforcing the ROE in games like ARMA, because of such games encouraging violence, apparently against civilians as well (like they haven't been saying that for over a decade already)  :facepalm: Edit: Had a little think over the subject just not as well and I believe their argument has been rather invalid for a while now anyway. I remember back as early as CoD 2 being punished for shooting friendlies or civilians and can't really think of a game since that hasn't done so in some way.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 04:15:36 pm by FakeMessiah »

Offline iGeza

• DV Member
  • "Futete, sum draconem"
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Airsoft Gun Reviews
Re: Red Cross calling for ROE in video games. All of the wut...
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 07:29:29 pm »
That's crap. The best part of such games is killing civilians. Honestly, when I played Spec Ops: The Line and found out I had killed all those people with white phosphorous I was over the moon.

Check out all my delicious airsoft gun reviews here:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbt6_DwFUe8LJcF237qpX-e9

Offline starscream

• DV Member
  • Out- Star Wars me.... I dare ya!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 08:00:20 pm »
What will they want next? The developers of GTA to stop the player killing random pedestrians by crashing a plane into them?

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk 2

the french have suggested that they arm the Libyan rebels
I can see it now....
Libyan Rebel: "how does it work?"
French soldier: "hey nonny nonnied, firmly if I know, we just drop it and run away"

Offline FakeMessiah

• DV Member
  • Dead Player - FakeMessiah/Bieber
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Drum Cover Channel
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 11:53:42 pm »
I just had the wrath of the Red Cross get me twice actually while playing ARMA 3. Once for accidentally blowing up a whole squad of AI not realising they were stood so close to an explosive I planted (Of course, the other squad of Red Cross troops exacted swift vengeance), and a second time for actually shooting 2 isolated AI thinking I couldn't get shot since no one else was around, only to get mortared. I guess I am now a legit war criminal...if that ain't some brilliant sandbox gameplay then I don't know what is.