Author Topic: Mask or Mesh?  (Read 789 times) Share

Offline Huw

• Raw Recruit
    • View Profile
Mask or Mesh?
« on: February 16, 2014, 01:36:21 pm »
Sorry guys, yes I am a cannon fodder noob  :D
just looking around at face protection, is there benefits to either masks or mesh? I have glasses so am thinking mesh so goggles don't fog up but I didn't realise just how much kit was out there.  Any advice please.

Offline Firkit

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dragonvalley.co.uk
Re: Mask or Mesh?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 02:14:11 pm »
Mesh is good for spectacle wearers as it does prevent fogging, glasses under full-seal goggles is a fogging nightmare. I'd suggest trying our mesh full face rental masks as a starting point and then have a look at what the other spectacle wearers are using.

Personally after 15 years or so of never being quite happy with anything, masks over glasses, safety glasses with prescription inserts, goggles and so on I finally gave in and tried contact lenses. If you can wear them then then contacts are the way to go, that way you aren't limited in your choice of eye/face protection.

We do of course always recommend players wear full face protection and under 16s are obliged to do so.

Offline Huw

• Raw Recruit
    • View Profile
Re: Mask or Mesh?
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 03:25:03 pm »
Many thanks, was planning to rent from you think im gonna need plenty of advice, my son will be coming as well. Really looking forward to it.  :)