Author Topic: Game sunday 23rd feb  (Read 5838 times) Share

Offline Lara Croft

• Raw Recruit
    • View Profile
Re: Game sunday 23rd feb
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2014, 11:52:36 pm »
Seeing as this event was my first ever in airsoft land, forgive me if the more established players think i am talking out of turn....

On the subject of cheating.....

How come everyone seems to think it was a "newbie" problem ?????

To comment on my own experience of the day, I was hit a number of times and once or twice asked for clarification first as it seemed in the heat of battle that I indeed may have been shot by my own player, (yes this did happen to me from a knee-jerk reaction from a fellow team-mate that resulted in 4-5 rounds to the stomach and yes FYI it feckin hurt) none the less my hand was raised and subsequently lowered as I walked away which then resulted in being shot even more......yes I did curse out loud in frustration, but hey, I was learning, the hard way admitedly, but learing still the same. It is also true to state that you may well be shooting at us from a distance but if you're not in range then that means "No Kill" whether you like it or not. It seems that there are many players who think far too highly of themselves and whose skill level is, shall we say, of a fantasy MW Black Ops nature.
I for one will put my hand on my heart and say that I DO NOT cheat, intentionally or otherwise, it is purely a matter of experience will make me a better player as I'm already a fair player.

I did see evidence of Non Hit Taking from regular players also, especially 2 that were subjected to a barrage of BB's through a window to stand there still shooting back, so please don't try & behave like you're better than anyone else. I guess it's obviously one of those unfortunate parts to Airsoft that exists, but like someone has already mentioned, it shouldn't spoil your day. I got shot numerous times, twice in the bare face, once in the teeth, in the back, in the stomach (yes you know who you are - Mr Friendly Fire) and so on, but I had a great day, felt I was very well catered for and made to feel very welcome by staff and players alike, so hats off to you all and a great big thank you.

Put this Sunday behind you and go out next Sunday, play fair, play hard and above all else have a feckin giggle, it's all about having fun !!!!!

LC   :gbb:
Fortune Favours The Brave
Slow Is Smooth - Smooth Is Fast

Offline Baby Buster

• DV Marshal
  • DV's Resident suicide missionary
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2014, 12:27:06 am »
It could simply be an amount of new faces to the site. Not every new person will cheat so don't think you are being tarred with the same brush.

Some people don't intentionally cheat, some on the other hand could be a cheating bastard. It's hard to gauge, but it is after all, a game of honesty. Some people try to chance their arm when they don't think a marshal is around them. I saw it happen last time I marshaled.

I can't comment for the events on Sunday as I wasn't there however, but we usually try to get on those kinds of matters quickly otherwise the day becomes very foul with bad tempers etc.
Contact Airsoft UK - Admin

Into video game reviews? Watch this space!

Offline Dibs

• DV Marshal
  • Potato Salad
    • View Profile
    • FaceBook
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2014, 08:32:32 am »
we dealt with a number of players new and regular not taking hits, there were cries all over the site about "TAKE YOU'RE HIT" and so on, we do try and nip these in the bud as quickly as possible to prevent the wave of cheating from spreading . its as simple as this, even if you THINK youve been hit you probably were and friendly fire DOES count. and you are not Mace Windu and deflect every incoming shot with you're gun and even if it hits your "ballistic" helmet you are still dead. but alot of it as mentioned is the fact that some people overestimate their range and there cant be a marshal for every player its a game that relies on honesty, if you can't be honest there is another alternative which i will not utter here.  cough cough delux fetish

World Of Tanks - Fellowz
Steam ID - Fellowz
Origin ID - mando-fett
War Thunder - Torque_Thunder

Offline DonnieMarco

• Raw Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2014, 08:34:05 am »
I have to say I also saw non-hit taking from a couple of regulars.  I shot one regular in the back from less than 8ft. At the time I happened to be next to a player who I also know is a Marshall and both of us 'expressed surprise' that the player wasn't hit.

I have heard one of the Marshall's explain that non-hit taking is like a virus, in that it spreads quickly and before you know it the games turn into a farce.

Sometimes you have to give players the benefit of the doubt in terms of their honesty. I was once informed by a Marshall that I had been hit, I really hadn't felt it. The BB had hit the hood of hoodie on my back from distance, so there was no energy to it.

But just to reiterate the Marshall's could not have dealt with it any better. They were professional and firm and had to deal with some unreasonably aggressive players.

Offline Dibs

• DV Marshal
  • Potato Salad
    • View Profile
    • FaceBook
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2014, 09:12:56 am »
there was a particular group of new players who i observed most of the day and were very vocal and hurled abuse at other players for "cheating" or they would rant that they had been shot when returning to the SZ but still maintaining an offensive stance which is their own fault as they couldnt be bothered to keep their hands up . i told them off a few times for shouting abuse at players and just told them to take their number when they see them and report to a marshal so that we could deal with it.
World Of Tanks - Fellowz
Steam ID - Fellowz
Origin ID - mando-fett
War Thunder - Torque_Thunder

Offline Firkit

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dragonvalley.co.uk
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2014, 12:23:16 pm »
Yes, that group won't be back.

I have a few ideas for getting the start of the day to run faster, but most of them involve things out of our control like players turning up with the right kit, charged batteries, guns that aren't broken and a willingness to get out the bloody door! As was said above, 15 should be plenty of time to get kit ready and be out to chrono, then there should be no need to come back in unless it's for a cuppa or it's pissing down.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Offline jcarp

• DV Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2014, 02:30:28 pm »
Have your mags loaded but keep one or 2 empty for chrono if not been chronoed at dv before (and gassed), kit packed and sorted in an order that u need it, and u should be ready to play in 15-20 mins inc chrono if u get there early. At times the line for the chrono seems to never end only on busy days tho. Waiting the 20 mins for everyone to filter thro the chrono and getting gear on seems like ages tho.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Last in, first killed. Always the last to know

Offline jonclarke

• DV Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2014, 03:27:23 pm »
Confused.... I get my Gat chrono'd every time, is that the procedure, or if it still has a sticker from last time do I skip the chrono ?

It's regen!! Stop quivering and get in there!!!

Offline Baby Buster

• DV Marshal
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2014, 04:30:36 pm »
If you have the sticker on it just sign in at the chrono.

Offline DonnieMarco

• Raw Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2014, 07:56:19 pm »
[quote author=Firkit link=topic=6946.msg77215#msg77215 date

I have a few ideas for getting the start of the day to run faster, but most of them involve things out of our control like players turning up with the right kit, charged batteries, guns that aren't broken and a willingness to get out the bloody door! As was said above, 15 should be plenty of time to get kit ready and be out to chrono..
[/quote]

Olly I don't want to teach Granny to suck eggs and who knows there are possibly reasons why what I am just about to type is a load of shite, but as someone who works as a consultant in schools fine tuning systems and structures a lot can be said for the motivational factor of setting a timetable for the day even if it just a time that briefing starts, gaming and breaks and then having all the Marshall's loudly and obviously pushing those start times. I love DV but I spend too long standing around.

Offline andrewbeynon

• DV Member
  • It's Zulu time
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2014, 08:10:34 pm »
If you have the sticker on it just sign in at the chrono.

Result, i wasn't aware of that...
Oppression through Aggression - Superior firepower and balls.

Offline twom

• DV Marshal
  • its easy point n squeezes
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2014, 08:19:43 pm »
having your gun chronoed at every game evan if you have a sticker is for me just a courtesy to other players
however if you have worked on your gun but retained the sticker its a must
we take into account we have to chromo its the sorting teams n briefing rentals that takes time (this is also taken into account )
 then the few who think we are all there just for them and we can all wait (you know who you are )
we do our best to get first game going as soon as possible and it may seem like it takes for ever n you may have heard the briff a hundred times but pleases shut up let others listen get your tokens out (DONT FORGET YOU TOKEN) this will help
remember we there to help but there are things you can do to help as well
1 get your kit sorted as soon as you can
2 get to chromo as soon as you can
3 remember your token n be respect full to others who may not have had the brief b4
life goes around like a wheel sometimes your up and sometimes down but remember your always moving

Offline Baby Buster

• DV Marshal
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2014, 10:41:45 pm »
Sometimes Donnie, it can be out of our hands, like when waiting for other players to fill up ammo, or setting up pyro. Sometimes, it doesn't matter how well organized we are for the day.

Offline jcarp

• DV Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2014, 11:20:59 pm »
Speaking of pyro when is the best time to buy pyro before the first game? Normally its rammed in the main sz area where the desk is so i tend to wait till after the regen games but 10 frags wouldnt go amis in the first games ;-)

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Last in, first killed. Always the last to know

BMXerDan

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2014, 05:40:22 pm »
Any estimate on when pics will be around?  :D