Author Topic: My first gun!  (Read 2927 times) Share

Offline eFz_Shifty

• DV Member
    • View Profile
My first gun!
« on: May 22, 2014, 08:38:06 pm »
Im about to buy my first gun, im all set on which one i want, and i know where im getting it from etc, but i had a few questions that id love to get answers for!

I am getting a PJ25 (basically a A&K SR25) as seen below.
http://www.taiwangun.com/en/pj25-p-j

I know that i want to change the 6.08mm barrel straight off the bat and change it for a 6.02 precision barrel as seen below.
http://www.taiwangun.com/en/high-precision-6-02-interchange-barrel-509-mm-for-m16-series-guarder

I also want to change the hop before it is sent, i dont know if i should be getting a rubber hop or a silicone one, but in my head ive decided on this one:
http://www.taiwangun.com/en/silikon-hop-up-rubber-guarder

now apart from the obvious, extra magazines etc, is there anything i should look at changing before the weapon is sent to me? (If they change it for me, the warranty stays in tact)
If i change the hop, do i need to change the bore up?

I don't really have any idea about internals, so some advice would be great!

Offline cat182

• DV Marshal
    • View Profile
Re: My first gun!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 12:54:48 pm »
I would get fps dropped first
The enemy is pretty much anyone who's going to get you killed, no matter what side he's on.....

Offline eFz_Shifty

• DV Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 09:34:19 pm »
Of course that's a given. I've also purchased a different weapon. I decided with Dvs strict nothing over 350 Fps unless it's a bolt action it was pointless to get a sr25 instead I have gone with a pj16a4 with the awesome rail system. =] in the future I could turn it into a decent dmr if I wanted to, it has the length for a good precision barrel and it will be fun to do, for now I am just going to enjoy using it as a assult rifle until I get some more money behind me and i
Know what needs upgrading.

Offline eFz_Shifty

• DV Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 11:32:30 pm »
So my gun arrived, and very pretty it is to! although I have a problem.... After charging the battery, and ensuring everything was in the right place, i fired my first few shots! Great sounds amazing and feels awesome. Then nothing....The trigger pulls but no noise. I wonder if there was a jam in the barrel, so i take out the pin and clear the barrel and a bb falls out. Close it back up and nothing happens when i try and fire (with out a clip and a clear chamber) Now I tested the battery with a multi meter and it was giving out 9.3v GREAT!!!!

but nothing was working, Do you think it was the fuse? I cant imagine everything internally just stopping working? Any old timers advice would be great!

Offline BMXerDan

• DV Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 12:12:02 pm »
I don't really do AEG's as I use gas but if nobody else is able to shine some light on what is wrong or you are able to figure it out, its brand new, claim on the warranty and get the people who you bought it from to fix it :)

Offline jcarp

• DV Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2014, 02:31:29 am »
Fuse or a break in the wiring somewhere most likely if the batt is discharging. Unless u were firing it on semi in which case switch it to full auto then try it sometimes they stop on semi

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Last in, first killed. Always the last to know

Offline Kalon

• Elitist Fat Tosser
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dragonvalley.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2014, 07:38:14 pm »
Check the motor connections

Jeff
Because we are swat, and our limits differ to what is actually legal.......

Offline eFz_Shifty

• DV Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2014, 05:24:03 pm »
Just an update, the fuse was damaged in transit, i bypassed it to test to see if the gun worked without the fuse and it started to make a noise as if the motor was trying to spin but couldnt? sounds quite like someone knocking on a door? It definitely doesn't finish the whole cycle.

Offline Firkit

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2014, 06:42:55 pm »
Sounds more like something is not right and the fuse blew to protect it. I wouldn't recommend bypassing it unless you are sure everything else is working as it should.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Offline eFz_Shifty

• DV Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2014, 01:14:00 pm »
fuse broke in transport, its the first thing I checked when I got the gun.

Offline Kalon

• Elitist Fat Tosser
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2014, 10:39:49 pm »
U said it fired a few shot then nothing

And after u bypassed the fuse u have a crashed box

Sounds like a piston issue or gear fuckup

Because we are swat, and our limits differ to what is actually legal.......

Offline cat182

• DV Marshal
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2014, 08:48:42 am »
Due to the piston being longer than normal they are prone to pre engagement and locking up shouldn't be a problem to fix tho
The enemy is pretty much anyone who's going to get you killed, no matter what side he's on.....

Offline eFz_Shifty

• DV Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2014, 08:08:20 am »
Thanks for the help guys, I'm sending it back, I've been trying all week but they just don't seem to respond to emails...dull! I'll keep you updated with what happens.

Offline bulletman

• DV Member
  • I work for Merkel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2014, 08:57:51 pm »
Where did you get it from???
“Every man who wages war believes God is on his side. I'll warrant God should often wonder who is on his.” Oliver Cromwell

Offline eFz_Shifty

• DV Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2014, 10:19:10 pm »
Hey guys, Taiwan gun is where it was from.

Although it's taken a few weeks, it was a faulty motor! On it's way back now =]