Author Topic: So its been a while...  (Read 4525 times) Share

Offline Lord Krell

• DV Marshal
  • Diving now, diving now!
    • View Profile
Re: So its been a while...
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2014, 01:18:55 am »
Been down south for weeks and you finally get a game organised on the day I have to return to the land of battered mars bars and irn bru  :(

Offline Firkit

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dragonvalley.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2014, 11:36:31 am »
Screwboy, at this point we're taking what we can get. There are more sites locally than there have ever been so whatever weekend we are on we'd clash with one or other. C3 are on the 3rd, Black Ops run every weekend as they have two venues. Whilst this cycle of dates doesn't work for you I've had a couple of messages from other players saying they are pleased it's dropped on their non-work weekend, or the weekend they don't have the kids. It's impossible to provide something that works for everyone unfortunately :(

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Offline Shimmey

• DV Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2014, 10:21:48 pm »
Its fine with me, if you was wondering Olly

Offline dj2l8b

• DV Member
  • Black Emerald Group
    • View Profile
    • http://radio.virtualdj.com/live3
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2014, 07:17:23 pm »
Heres one question? Why are people complaining??
Take what you can got! If it doesnt work for you then sorry..but dont ask the venue to change dates cus it clashes with YOUR timetable??!!

Offline screwboy

• DV Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2014, 08:22:03 pm »
in reply to the previous comment the time table has changed a couple of times then changed back.  i have to work and pay the bills and i understand that Dragon Valley is a Business and i have been a member for a few years now. But unfortunately i will not not be able to continue to attend as i now work the weekend that games are now on. Thanks for the enjoyable and very helpful and friendly staff and the other players. long may you continue and again thank you for the enjoyable time and support.

Offline jcarp

• DV Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2014, 10:19:41 pm »
Some people like myself work weekends (alternate weekends) and i was lucky year before last and had them all off, last year i missed most of them due to work and now ive missed most of this year due to various reasons but some people these days dont have the luxury of every weekend off. So if some one asks firkit if the dates have changed its only due to wanting to work things around dv or work etc. So dont think we are moaning or complaining. Plus some people may struggle to keep the 3 games a year if things got bad
Last in, first killed. Always the last to know

Offline Firkit

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dragonvalley.co.uk
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2014, 02:11:59 am »
Not saying anyone's complaining myself, loads of people work weekends and shifts and away and what have you and it can therefore be difficult to get to events. I'd expect the next time the weekends swap round to be over the Christmas and New Year break.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk