Author Topic: Deepest regret  (Read 31664 times) Share

Offline L

• Raw Recruit
    • View Profile
Re: Deepest regret
« Reply #90 on: May 10, 2007, 09:21:20 pm »
Jeff i hope u read this brian is not gone he still looks over u and i hope he looks over all of us

a good man gone but never forgotton

a pome i hope it can help u get threw this hard time

do not stand at my grave and weep i am not i do not sleep
    i am a thousand winds that blow i am the diamond glints on snow
    i am the sunlight on ripened grain i am the autumn rain
    when you awaken in the mornings hush
    i am the swift uplifting rush
    of quiet birds in circled flight
    i am the soft stars that shine at night
    do not stand at my grave and cry
     i am not there
     i did not die

yours in bits lutz 
    good luck brian

Offline robedavies

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 10, 2007, 09:28:51 pm »
I am really sorry to hear of the death of Brian. My regards go to his friends and family. Rest in peace.
Robert Davies

Offline Becks

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 11, 2007, 05:02:17 pm »
missing ya loads already Bri

Dylan Edwin born 08/07/08 weighing 6lb 7oz

Offline Sluggy

• Raw Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 12, 2007, 01:10:52 pm »
Terrible news am totally shocked. He was a great bloke and will be sorly missed, my
condolences to family and friends.

Offline UncleEd

• Raw Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 13, 2007, 03:47:55 pm »

As Brian's Uncle I have been asked to say that the family have been deeply touched to see that our Bri was so well thought of, by so many. 
  Special thanks to Jeff (his brother in arm's) Kath and all the DV staff for being such good friends over the years, not least Martin (Animal), Jim and other's for their gallant efforts to give Brian a Fighting chance that day, thank you.
   The family wish DV all the best for the future, as it was such a big part of Brian's life he would want it to continue so as to give people enjoyment.
  There is no better accolade to one's existence than to know that one has given joy to another, if only a smile or a helping hand.

So Once again thank you,   Brian's Family.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 04:43:06 pm by UncleEd »

Offline Gongfarmer

• DV Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 13, 2007, 03:55:57 pm »
Only just heard this terrible news. He was a great bloke and will be sorely missed. My deepest condolences to all his family and friends.

Rob

Offline Evil Keith

• Raw Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 13, 2007, 03:58:08 pm »
I`m stunned, don`t know what to say.

Goodbye Brian, you will be missed..

Offline casey_cole

• Raw Recruit
  • Duffman *cannot* die!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 13, 2007, 05:30:22 pm »
I'm sorry to hear your terrible loss;  I only met Brian a few times - but I got to know some things about him, and he was always there to feed the hungry "troops".

If DV does open again, I don't think the game days will be anywhere near the same.

To his family, friends and memory,

CC

scorpio Girl 1979

« Reply #98 on: May 14, 2007, 05:04:34 pm »
I only met Brian on sunday and he seemed a really nice guy even though I only spoke to him briefly when I paid to get in, he was really friendly and helpful for my first time there, & I was really nervous.

From reading all the messages left on here, Its very clear he was a very much liked and loved by a lot of people and its brought a tear to my eyes reading them all.

I just wanted to show my support to DV as a newby, that my thoughts are with all of you from DV, his friends and to his family at this difficult time.

Give him the best DV send off possible on Friday.

You Will Be Very Much Missed.

Rest In Peace

Brian

Zoe
(Scorps)

Offline Lethal_Bethan

• Private
  • Lift your head up high and blow your brains out
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 14, 2007, 09:52:17 pm »
I honestly don't know what to say, I was deeply saddened at the news, my sympathy goes out to all his family and friends. We'll miss you Brian.
This gun fires seven different shades of shit, so whats your favourite colour punk?

Offline Nightwish

• Colour Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 14, 2007, 10:58:22 pm »
I have only recently gotten back from being out of the country and when i heard this news, i was so taken aback with shock. i couldnt believe what i had read.

My heart and prayers go out to Brians family and friends at this difficult time, CX has already made the arrangements for us to be there in my absence ( thanks ) so i will be there.

words cant do justice to the loss we all feel, so i will just say Rest In Peace my friend, we will all miss you.

V.
Retired DV Marshal from the days of yore....

Offline Ryan220

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 15, 2007, 05:33:42 pm »
Terribly sad news.

He will be missed

Offline Silva

• Raw Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 15, 2007, 11:54:36 pm »
I only found out tonight about this, whilst reminiscing over the old days having been inspired by a colleague at work who has recently discovered airsoft. I gave him a few websites to get him started, and ended up following them myself to see what I've missed. My arrival at the DV website was a sad one.

Last time I saw Brian was DefCon3 back in 2005. To be more specific, I last saw his feet sticking out from underneath my precariously propped up crapwagon, which I had hare-assed through the field in upon my arrival, resulting in some wallet tightening knocking noises issuing forth whenever it was moved afterwards.

Despite only having mentioned it in passing to Brian a few minutes earlier whilst he gave me the cheap tour of the frankly decadent DV crew fun marquee, his unprompted and simple remark along the lines of 'I know a thing or two', followed by him marching off in the direction of said chariot, was surprising. And certainly appreciated, along with the comical half-assed manner in which we managed to get the damn thing jacked up with the almost Wile E. Coyote-esque arrangement of planks, jacks and whatever he could find that stayed still long enough to pick up, whilst parked sideways on a soft and sloping field.

And that's how I remember him, always ready to help out a man in a jam at the drop of a hat. Spookily enough, like the first time I met him at back at DV on my first 'away game' with the WASPS, and at every subsequent encounter with you guys I managed to make it to. A true gent, through and through.

A great loss to the sport, DV, and of course his nearest and dearest.

God speed, buddy. I raise my glass to you.

Silva.
Former WASP idiot.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 11:57:26 pm by Silva »

Offline Axemonkey

• Raw Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 17, 2007, 06:29:47 am »
Brian was one of the nicest guys i've ever met - not just in airsoft, but in life itself.   he and jeff were the reason enough to make the journey to dv, more so than the games.

i cant begin to understand how anybody from the site must feel at this time.  the tears i have in my eyes at the moment,  are nothing compared to how the good people at dv must feel.  all i can say is that my heart truly goes out to you at this time.

Jeff.  unfortunately i am unable to make the funeral, as i live in America now with my wife.  i would appreciate it if you'd be good enough to have a drink for me at the wake.  there will always be a lot of love for Brian, as these threads will testify.  he will be truly missed.

my deepest condolences,
Andrew

Offline Donkey

• Raw Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 29, 2007, 10:37:17 am »
My heart goes out to you all, my deepest sympathies go out to all the staff and friends at DV.