Author Topic: Newbie to Airsoft, advice seeking..  (Read 2456 times) Share

Offline Lomax223

• Raw Recruit
    • View Profile
Newbie to Airsoft, advice seeking..
« on: May 09, 2015, 12:01:45 pm »
Hi.
I'm somewhat new to this airsoft lark, and I'm hoping I can garner some advice from those more experienced bods around here.

At the moment, I'm looking at getting a gun for the back garden practice, with 'perhaps' a view to being able to attend a DV skirmish with it.
The choice and range available is somewhat bewildering!

I have bought a Yika (don't laugh!), but that I knew that it was strictly level entry and for the back garden, and anyway it snapped after just a few minutes use!
I'd now like to get something a little - well, alright, a lot  - more robust and am hoping I can ask advice on which models are good, which to avoid and so on.

I do like the look of the various shotguns that are out there; Mossberg; DE; Bison; AGM; A&K - but have no idea if these are well made enough to (ultimately) be used in an airsoft combat.
What weaknesses do they have, ease/costs of repair and so on.
Springer assault type rifles don't 'do it' for me (and a springer assault at an airsoft combat? Hmmm.) and I don't want to go electric/gas just yet - if this is a new hobby with which to annoy the g/f, then I might go there eventually!

If it helps, my budget for the moment is up to £100, I can't really justify spending more on something that may not be used  that much.
Any advice, gratefully received.

Thanks

« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 12:26:08 pm by Lomax223 »

Offline twom

• DV Marshal
  • its easy point n squeezes
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie to Airsoft, advice seeking..
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2015, 05:57:19 pm »
well first come and try a game see if you like it (bring some ankle support footing )
 then if you like it GET some decent boots
and dont get a 2 tone wait the 3 games (2 mth or so ) get your defence
use the time at games to chat with the other players (we are all show offs so genraly want to talk about what we got )
some of us will let you try our guns for a game 
but most of all COME AND ENJOY IT
life goes around like a wheel sometimes your up and sometimes down but remember your always moving

Offline Shimmey

• DV Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 07:29:38 pm »
As Wayne said.

Come and have a go, rent a gun and see if you like it. Dont waste your money buying cheap springers, as eventually you will have to go AEG or GBB, unless you plan on a spring sniper

Offline twom

• DV Marshal
  • its easy point n squeezes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2015, 09:01:02 pm »
right the next a/+)(*l  to use the W WORD when to referring to myselfs gets a slap with a week old cod
its twomey or tomb
life goes around like a wheel sometimes your up and sometimes down but remember your always moving

Offline Shimmey

• DV Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2015, 06:17:25 pm »
Sorry Twom  :laughsoutloud: