Author Topic: G3 SG1 Misfire on Semi  (Read 901 times) Share

Offline ThorMaNN

• DV Member
    • View Profile
    • YaRR MaTeY
G3 SG1 Misfire on Semi
« on: June 21, 2015, 12:10:56 pm »
Hi guys last game I came to DV (13th April last year!!) my G3 stopped firing. It did have its spring clipped on the day but fired for a few hours after that.

Well yesterday I was sorting through some stuff in the attic and decided to try and figure out what had happened. (I have never stripped a AEG before that's why it was so long).

While taking the gearbox apart the gun fired so it had jammed. I checked all gears were moving and reassembled the gearbox and tested - It jammed straight away. So i stripped the gearbox again (it let of the round) and i took the gears out and checked the teeth and all looked ok so i put it back together and tested.

It now fires fine on FA and at the time of testing it was firing every other round on Semi. today i grabbed my camera to upload a video of the misfire and its now working better on semi but still there are rounds it doesn't fire but the nozzle is moving so would be loading multi bb's into the chamber

Here is the video

https://youtu.be/_br7a1znfn0

Any ideas?

Offline Kalon

• Elitist Fat Tosser
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dragonvalley.co.uk
Re: G3 SG1 Misfire on Semi
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 08:08:50 pm »
timing looks out and its not shimmed proper like.

jeff
Because we are swat, and our limits differ to what is actually legal.......

Offline ThorMaNN

• DV Member
    • View Profile
    • YaRR MaTeY
Re: G3 SG1 Misfire on Semi
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 07:55:16 am »
What do I need to look for?

The only thing i noticed was on the selector switch it moves an arm out of the way on FA that reduces friction on FA i guess the arm is in contact on semi to stop it from moving the cog forward after firing a round.

EDIT
Ok, Just watched a Video on shimming. I will have a look later. Cheers Jeff
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 08:10:54 am by ThorMaNN »

Offline MikakoGep

• Raw Recruit
    • View Profile
G3 SG1 Misfire on Semi
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2016, 10:52:19 pm »
My thumb often nudges the safety upwards upon firing, which will cause a misfire.