Author Topic: UKARA registration  (Read 2317 times) Share

Offline gun_finger

• Raw Recruit
    • View Profile
UKARA registration
« on: December 23, 2015, 10:29:33 pm »
Firstly i must say i enjoyed my first ever game at DV on the 20th.
Was a little daunting being my first time surrounded by 130 airsoft enthusiasts and me on my todd.

I am interested in buying an airsoft gun but dont want to go down the two tone route. I spoke to a couple of guys (cant remember their names) who suggested i needed to get familiar with a club to obtain the registration then i would have to attend 3 times within the space of 12 months?

This to me seems a little OTT considering that to obtain my shotgun license i had to fill in 1 application form and have a chat with a firearms officer. But thats bye the bye

I was meant to speak with the marshal (with the big beard) but didnt get the chance. Any advice would be greatly received.

Offline cat182

• DV Marshal
    • View Profile
Re: UKARA registration
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2015, 05:29:25 am »
You need to play 3 games in no less than 2 months if memory  serves me correct so if the 20th of December was your first then you would be eligible for ukara on or after 20th February

I'm sure firkit will point out if I'm wrong
The enemy is pretty much anyone who's going to get you killed, no matter what side he's on.....

Offline Kalon

• Elitist Fat Tosser
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dragonvalley.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2015, 10:08:23 am »
Firstly i must say i enjoyed my first ever game at DV on the 20th.
Was a little daunting being my first time surrounded by 130 airsoft enthusiasts and me on my todd.

I am interested in buying an airsoft gun but dont want to go down the two tone route. I spoke to a couple of guys (cant remember their names) who suggested i needed to get familiar with a club to obtain the registration then i would have to attend 3 times within the space of 12 months?

This to me seems a little OTT considering that to obtain my shotgun license i had to fill in 1 application form and have a chat with a firearms officer. But thats bye the bye

I was meant to speak with the marshal (with the big beard) but didnt get the chance. Any advice would be greatly received.

Its better then a flatout ban which was on the table.
Im guessing the shotgun app also inc a crb check on yourself and the safe which has to secured to 2 walls to hold your kit.
We hold a record of when you played and soon as your ready firkit will sort you out.
Because we are swat, and our limits differ to what is actually legal.......

Offline gun_finger

• Raw Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2015, 10:40:07 am »
So my first game counts? Thats where i was a little confused on the day i was told by another player that i had to attend a few times (to get familiar with DV) before i could even start with my UKARA registration.

Offline Firkit

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dragonvalley.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2015, 11:03:23 am »
Hiya,

Yes, your first game counts so once you have attended three events with one falling at least two months after the first you will be able to sign up for site membership which can then be registered with UKARA. It's a bit of a long winded process, it comes from the Home Office not from us, it was designed to prevent someone attending a site on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, then being able to buy RIFs and never need to attend again, so to discourage casual collectors and restrict RIFs to legitimate airsoft skirmishers.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk