Author Topic: Message to the No shows today.  (Read 1523 times) Share

Offline Kalon

• Elitist Fat Tosser
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dragonvalley.co.uk
Message to the No shows today.
« on: March 20, 2016, 10:08:32 pm »
Please feel free to book on to other Airsoft sites cause you are not booking on to ours anymore.

Fully booked and 50 no shows and we don't mind you cancelling right up to 9am.
Don't mind walk ons but if you booked a rental gun and we had a 20 place waiting list for them.
As of right now your banned plz piss off elsewhere and play cause we don't want your custom.

Regards
Kal
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 10:12:25 pm by Kalon »
Because we are swat, and our limits differ to what is actually legal.......

Offline iGeza

• DV Member
  • "Futete, sum draconem"
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Airsoft Gun Reviews
Re: Message to the No shows today.
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2016, 07:36:28 am »
Holy shit, that's really bad form. It's not even as if it was the usual excuse of the weather as it was a stunning day.

Check out all my delicious airsoft gun reviews here:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbt6_DwFUe8LJcF237qpX-e9

Offline cat182

• DV Marshal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2016, 11:51:17 am »
Well done
The enemy is pretty much anyone who's going to get you killed, no matter what side he's on.....

Offline Reppyboyo

• DV Member
  • Resident Gasser
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2016, 03:24:39 pm »
50?!

Bloody hell.

Offline twom

• DV Marshal
  • its easy point n squeezes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2016, 09:57:49 pm »
about time  :bravo: :bravo:
get's on my you know whats when ppl dont turn up
think i did once when just playing and once when meant to marshal
it was a game day after wales won a game but i should of txt it dont take a few mins
some times thing's do happen but a txt or email to say sorry would be nice
it's other players who are on stand by who i feel sorry for or ones who needed the rental but didn't turn up as we booked them all out
life goes around like a wheel sometimes your up and sometimes down but remember your always moving

Offline CoreyB73

• Raw Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2016, 05:31:34 pm »
Personally me and 4 mates couldn't book to this game as there were no rentals available.. :( 

Offline Firkit

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2016, 07:44:21 pm »
Yeah, sorry about that, you weren't the only ones which is why this really pisses us off. It's not the fact that this cost us over £1100 really, it's the fact that people who would have turned up and had a good day are potentially having to go somewhere else because some asshat couldn't be arsed to let go of their cock and get out of bed.

Offline DonnieMarco

• Raw Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2016, 05:48:20 pm »
Perhaps introduce a deposit for rental players, maybe it is too easy for people to book with no real commitment or downside to not turning up. A non refundable fiver or tenner through paypal might sort the wheat from the chaff.

Yeah, sorry about that, you weren't the only ones which is why this really pisses us off. It's not the fact that this cost us over £1100 really, it's the fact that people who would have turned up and had a good day are potentially having to go somewhere else because some asshat couldn't be arsed to let go of their cock and get out of bed.

Offline Firkit

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2016, 02:31:50 pm »
Yep, that's the plan going forward. We used to require a deposit for all bookings, but this was way back when people needed to post cheques (we've been doing this for far too long!). A £5 deposit per rental may discourage people from not showing up, mind you it's so easy for buyers to claw payments back through Paypal it would probably prove to me a pointless exercise. We like to keep the booking process simple, but we can't live with the number of no-shows we have been seeing lately.

Perhaps introduce a deposit for rental players, maybe it is too easy for people to book with no real commitment or downside to not turning up. A non refundable fiver or tenner through paypal might sort the wheat from the chaff.

Offline no1ranarama

• Raw Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2017, 07:45:09 pm »
As a player I totally agree the crap I have is getting to a game as I have no transport and have have been let down lifts so if we could get a list of car shares that may help the numbers ??

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Offline no1ranarama

• Raw Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2017, 07:52:48 pm »
As a player I totally agree the crap I have is getting to a game as I have no transport and have have been let down lifts so if we could get a list of car shares that may help the numbers ??

I.e ride and play pick up points  around Cardiff / south Wales area for members who want to play but have no car like me  each paying a small fee like £6 price of two grenades😈 ???