Author Topic: What do I need?  (Read 3921 times) Share

Offline Boots

• Raw Recruit
    • View Profile
What do I need?
« on: January 30, 2018, 03:11:10 pm »
Hello all.

Looking to join, and be at the next event. I'm from Cardiff.
What kit do I need to get? and weapon wise, where do I get that from?

Also, can you come alone?

thanks in advance
Boots

Offline Jamiew22

• Raw Recruit
    • View Profile
Re: What do I need?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 09:15:20 pm »
Good pair of boots and eye protection gun wise you can rent and you can use a full face mesh mask available on game day. You can come alone you just need to sign up when the event registration goes up on the website

Offline Kalon

• Elitist Fat Tosser
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dragonvalley.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 07:07:24 pm »
he's got BOOTS :bravo:
Because we are swat, and our limits differ to what is actually legal.......

Offline Firkit

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dragonvalley.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 03:18:24 pm »

Welcome aboard.

4th March event is bookable now on the website.

If you must buy anything before your first even make it boots. I'd always advise buying nothing else at all until you have talked to a few people and got some objective feedback on what's worth having and what's really not. Also, until you have played how do you know whether you want to take it up as an ongoing hobby, or indeed what your preferred style of play is - which will be a huge influence on what kit you go for.

Worth waiting until you qualify for site membership so you can avoid two-tones also.

Offline dj2l8b

• DV Member
  • Black Emerald Group
    • View Profile
    • http://radio.virtualdj.com/live3
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2019, 10:08:43 am »
Sorry it is a bit late, but try my best//

Q: I want to join Airsoft, what should I know regarding it, and buying guns.

A: First thing is that if you want to purchase a RIF (REAL IMITATION FIREARM) you need a UKARA. That is obtained by playing at a local site for 3 times in 3 months.
We personally say stay away from 2 tone as you will never be able to sell if after you get your UKARA.

So what happens when you get your UKARA?
You have a world of guns to buy! depending on your budget you can buy anything you like, most common are AEG (Automatic Electric Gun). Famous brands are Tokyo Marui (TM), ICS, G&P, G&G,WE and Systema.
Ok so you found a gun you like what now? First look at the FPS. UK law states that all guns must be under 350fps unless Single bolt action Snipers which is 500 fps.
Most TM guns are under 350 fps but other brands are over, that can fixed by a change of spring or piston.

Now here comes the type of guns. Gas Blow Back (GBB) are common in almost every pistol, they use gas and feel like a real thing. Only problem is they need looking after and don't work well in super cold days.
You can get GBB Rifles, these are as close you can get to the real firearm, They need a lot of looking after as in maintenance and lubing of mags and seals, they have massive recoil and feel great, famous brands are like WE, Western Arms, Innokatsu, G&P and GHK, TM.
They are mostly AR or similar style. Magazines are usually between 30-50 rounds and need a lot of looking after, lubing and constant care of seals. They mostly all shoot over 350 fps so you will need NPAS (negative pressure adjustment system) that will adjust the fps to what ever you like. In pistols its not needed to have an NPAS as they don't shoot above 300fps usually.
HPA - High Pressure AIR
These are new, Its best option in regards of recoil and all weather gaming. It consists of a tank, pressure regulator and line to your gun. You can HPA tap your gun as the line goes into the gun and whole mechanism is changed or some like to tap the mags and use the same mechanism of their GBB.
Hpa are very adjustable as in rates of fire and fps so when picking an hpa rig don't go and adjust your rate of fire to max and your fps too high as its very frowned upon and you will make more enemies than friends. These systems are very versatile as they use air so you can use them in all weathers, just make sure that your local site allows you to use them.

Other types of AEG's are EBB (Electric Blow Back), TM has mastered this concept, as they where the first to bring it out. Its basically an AEG with a mild recoil. Some of the guns stop when the mags are empty but some don't. But that's basically what to know on guns.

Q: What should I wear when going airsofting or what Loadout should I do?

A: Best bet is first go to a local site, The most important thing I say before buying a gun is Buy DECENT EYE PROTECTION AND GOOD BOOTS! then go to a site and look at what people wear, have an idea on how people dress up and play then get your ideas from them, or like some hardcore players do, look at a military unit and use them as reference and wear what they wear exact to the unit patch and clothes they wear. Its all up to you and your budget.

Q: What is a Milsim Game?

A: Military Simulation games are not your average day game. They usually run for 24-48 hrs nonstop. You will need to take all your own supplies from food to clothes and sleeping wear. Games are based on Military scenarios and are not for the faint hearted. You will probably have little sleep and be cold, but you will have a short idea on what a weekender is like as as squadie. They are based on military ranking structure and have uniform rules that can't be broken as there will be no arm bands in play.